Replace seat covering

plus7

Hi everyone,

Leather (I assume it is a leather) on driver's seat was cracked because of years.

What is the best way to replace it ? Should I order it separately and find workshop who will set it up ? Or a workshop will do everything completely ?

It is an older Pajero Sport (in Pattaya) if it matters.

A newer car with custom colored seats (initially ordered in Suzuki) looks cheap (thin and glossy) and I'd like to get something better.

13 hours ago, plus7 said:

What is the best way to replace it ? Should I order it separately and find workshop who will set it up ? Or a workshop will do everything completely ?

You could try this place, between Bang Saen and Chonburi if you cannot find anywhere nearer. I think this is where we had our pickup done, good job, think about 1000 baht for one seat.

https://www.facebook.com/yonsilpseat

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Find a shop that does it (we're in Samui so can't help there), they will have different grades of covering (it's not leather) and let you choose what you want. On ours it was just the drivers seat that needed doing but we couldn't get an exact match so had both front seats done.

16166521_20211008_093652(Medium).jpg.a64e9e8650cd3dad01a54154e80f75be.jpg

1350280130_20211008_093644(Medium).jpg.e3720ae6697fe590fd8e9b39daacb659.jpg

Looks great!

How much did that cost? 

Great excuse to drive to Samui! 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been thinking the same in Pattaya, making a right

turn on Sukhumvit into Theppasit where the Outlets are located left side in front I notice there is a shop been meaning to stop for a price his samples outside look good. 

Edited by thailand49

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

Find a shop that does it (we're in Samui so can't help there), they will have different grades of covering (it's not leather) and let you choose what you want. On ours it was just the drivers seat that needed doing but we couldn't get an exact match so had both front seats done.

16166521_20211008_093652(Medium).jpg.a64e9e8650cd3dad01a54154e80f75be.jpg

1350280130_20211008_093644(Medium).jpg.e3720ae6697fe590fd8e9b39daacb659.jpg

Did you get these done?

I live on Samui and have been trying to get my leather seats refurbished on my Fortuner!

I've tried many places on Samui including SD Curtain and James Modify without any luck!

Seat2.jpg

Edited by Troy Tempest

17 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Did you get these done?

I live on Samui and have been trying to get my leather seats refurbished on my Fortuner!

Seat2.jpg

Yeah, he did both the front seats...the shop is opposite the ECU shop just down from PTT on the road from Saket market to the Nikki beach turning

https://goo.gl/maps/gFQ9mNiFPCYiTQCQ8

The shop doesn't look much, but he does excellent work

1766084749_CarSeatShop.jpg.00b8b737cb90e800f1c7f60f47662dd3.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Looks great!

How much did that cost? 

Great excuse to drive to Samui! 

I don't honestly remember exactly how much, but it was over 5k for the pair

• Like 1

Isn't LOS great!

I had an old Benz E500 I restored in Oz some years back (sorry no pics to share all lost with crashed harddrive)

Took the car to a well respected, but not most expensive auto upholsterer in the process of a full restoration, he charged me $1150 for one seat (pair at 2200). Damn beautiful perfect work with new high tech foams redo on a few springs, perfect job.  LOS I see folks saying they get seat (vinyl I guess) done for less than $50 how amazing is that. So to all the folks who whinge endlessly about LOS being a rip-off for falangs, costly, not fair bla bla bla ... 

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Reasonable.

Looks great though. 

It was over a year ago and the car gets used every single day and there isn't a mark on them...plus the lumber support is spot on

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 7:40 AM, Neilly said:

Yeah, he did both the front seats...the shop is opposite the ECU shop just down from PTT on the road from Saket market to the Nikki beach turning

https://goo.gl/maps/gFQ9mNiFPCYiTQCQ8

The shop doesn't look much, but he does excellent work

1766084749_CarSeatShop.jpg.00b8b737cb90e800f1c7f60f47662dd3.jpg

Thanks for the great tip Mate.

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been way up North for for the last few days with little or no Internet coverage.

I will take a look. :thumbsup: