My poor Benz! Property developer looks on as his luxury car burns to a cinder outside gas station in south

webfact

screenshot_18138.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A property developer on his way south from Bangkok to Hat Yai didn't make it yesterday.

Phanumas, 34, was driving a Mercedes Benz C350E worth 2.7 million baht when he got an indicator on the dash that all was not well with the electrics.

He jumped out as he saw fire then watched as his vehicle burned completely outside a Shell gas station in Nahkhon Sri Thammarat.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04anC5XgS8mr8yoBV793ZahEWAAXpv9H.jpg

He said he had hit some metal plate in the road then the indicators well off, reported Thai Rath.

Thasala police and fire services were on the scene but not quick enough to cave the car.

Sanook had a picture of the fire in progress with a caption "luxury car burns out". 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTcxOC84NTkzNDM0L2JlbnouanBn.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04anC5XgS8mr8yoBV72iAKpVVBie5vIB.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

If you buy a 2,7 million baht car, can afford to insure it.

Insurance pays, I guess.

Well guess the owner may hope so, but perhaps the owner is really a finance company

• Confused 1

Under the superb Benz warranty (provided the car was still under a New or Benz Preferred Vehicle warranty) and, if the car had had some sort of internal failure resulting in fire rather than hitting something on the road he'd be covered and simply be given a new car.

However the driver admitting he hit something, failed to stop as soon as he saw the warning light mutes the superb Benz warranty and leaves him looking to the insurance underwriter for claim and payout.

I own (in LOS) and have owned Benz's (Oz) for years so this burn-down to the rims is on him not the problem of Benz.

12 hours ago, Excel said:
13 hours ago, Tarteso said:

If you buy a 2,7 million baht car, can afford to insure it.

Insurance pays, I guess.

Well guess the owner may hope so, but perhaps the owner is really a finance company

Even if it is financed the "owner" has to insure it, the finance company doesn't!

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

When the flames are visible it's not the time to look around for a safe place to park.

You stop and bail-out.

Burn baby burn, my insurance is current and I need a new AMG E class 350D only 8.5 Mthb......only $79,000 to $96k in the US, such a huge mark-up here, 3x's the price.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Excel said:

Plus of course a filling station is well equipment with fire extinguishers

well in this one, I don't see any in the photos, or maybe as he wasn't a paying customer so they just used the hose pipe.????