Selling my Honda from the USA without returning to LOS

I went back to the USA in February 2020, am in the process or selling my condo using power or attorney, and sold my car to a fellow expat still in Thailand.

He has the blue book, but in order to transfer it, he says that the "relevant anuthorities" need a residence certificate from the seller (me). 

How to get around this as I won't be returning?

7 hours ago, thinkingman said:

sold my car to a fellow expat still in Thailand.

He has the blue book, but in order to transfer it, he says that the "relevant anuthorities" need a residence certificate from the seller (me). 

How to get around this as I won't be returning?

"How to get around this as I won't be returning?"

Has he paid you for the car, already?   If he has, it is the buyer who needs to get around this, not you.

I don't know of the CM place until posted today sounds good. 

What DLT wanted from us was to send 2 papers they give you for transfer and sale of a vehicle to the person in Australia.

My buddy would have to sign them and send them back with a photocopy of his ID picture page of his passport signed and photocopy of the Thai stamped passport page showing the date he left Thailand.

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Has he paid you for the car, already?   If he has, it is the buyer who needs to get around this, not you.

I guess OP is a decent human being, so is going to assist him.

A copy/picture of your exit stamp should do the trick.

The buyer could also to the transfer in a province other than Chonburi, then the DLT won't ask for the certificate of residence from the seller. The buyer might have a problem obtaining a certificate of residence himself in this other province though.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't know of the CM place until posted today sounds good. 

What DLT wanted from us was to send 2 papers they give you for transfer and sale of a vehicle to the person in Australia.

My buddy would have to sign them and send them back with a photocopy of his ID picture page of his passport signed and photocopy of the Thai stamped passport page showing the date he left Thailand.

by CM place you mean Expat motors ?    If so,   they have a good reputation and been here a long time .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:
On 7/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

I guess OP is a decent human being, so is going to assist him.

I'm sure that he is decent but, no, he won't be assisting him in the manner needed because he cannot.  Unless he returns to Thailand (and he has specifically stated that he won't be doing that,) he cannot provide the required residence document.