Police And Tourist Police

I am no longer a resient of Samui. That said, i do nip back every now and then and i can not recall seeing Charlie and his Angels keeping the peace. Where are those guys hanging out? I have been to Samui several times this year and as yet, I have not seen any ferang police on any street corner - 'taking care of business.'

I dunno. I guess they are all hanging out in the 'Bat Cave' when i arive and the Batmobile is on the blink. Needs a new clutch. apparently. They are waiting for delivery of said clutch from a garage in Surrathani.

So where exactly are they keeping an eye on things? last time i was on the island - last month - I stood outside Burger King at 4am... i seen a 9 foot lady boy beating seven colours of <deleted> out of a ferang dwarf - didnt see any uniformed ferang prevent this episode. i seen a bloke the size of a house run rampage in a Soi mango bar - pissed everyone off, including me - i was refrained from twating the guy as i was rather hoping a ferang police ninja would swing in through the window, Die Hard style, and cuff the guy. Didnt happen.

And so - what exactly do they do and further more - do they exist? I am waiting for conformation - and proof that they make a difference. I will keep my eyes open for a news alert that one of these guys has been awarded the congresional medal of honor, for guiding a Swiss tourist to the nearest 7/11. 'Just down the there, on the left.... 50 yards love'

Im gonna capture a ferang police guy. I plan on making it my hobby. Just to prove they exist.

I should be carefull with my words here. These guys are affiliated with Spiderman, Iceman, and The Incredible Hulk. I dont wish to piss the wrong people off.

Ahh... Im just having a laugh. Dont ban me again, you misserable buggers.

always fun to read your post stick, there office is on the lake road behind mcdonalds/ pizza comapny. i have never seen them in Soi Green mango only soi reggae.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only time i would call the police is if i needed a crime number for inssurence.

they seem to me to be very random. sometimes they nick you for something small like parking on the wrong side of the road. sometime they drive past about 10 parked cars thhat are parked wrong and won't batter an eye lid.

I just tried to call the TP again 1155 and still no answer. Pathetic.

PaulAllen you should read the post before you write... Here is the Phone #s you are wanting. Tourist police box *077421281 Chaweng *077414198 Nathon fax 077421360 Tpd Mobile *0836001694 Chaweng

That 1155 is a BKK # and not work in Samui......Stop on in and have a chat with us.We will answer all questions .

PaulAllen you should read the post before you write... Here is the Phone #s you are wanting. Tourist police box *077421281 Chaweng *077414198 Nathon fax 077421360 Tpd Mobile *0836001694 Chaweng

That 1155 is a BKK # and not work in Samui......Stop on in and have a chat with us.We will answer all questions .

Then why is plastered on the side of the TP car driving around?

You should take it off and tell people to go "read the post on thaivisa.com" to find phone number to call if emergency.

:o

In case of accident with a drunken Thai - and I didnt make a mistake:

Who do I have to call? TP or Police?

And I would be very thankful if you could describe the duties of the TP.

Regards, Claude Feller

Regards, Claude Feller

Come down to the Tourist Police office in Nathan or BOx in Chewang and ask the questions Would be happy to tell you. It would take a book to explain on Thaivisa.com and there would always be someone out there that did not understand and would make big fuss. Like my Thai wife say alot of Frang have nothing better to do but pick at everything that is wrong... if you dont think things are right you should get out of thailand and go back to the country you came from where all was so well.

if you dont think things are right you should get out of thailand and go back to the country you came from where all was so well.

oh dear , this is the falang representative speaking

Regards, Claude Feller

Come down to the Tourist Police office in Nathan or BOx in Chewang and ask the questions Would be happy to tell you. It would take a book to explain on Thaivisa.com and there would always be someone out there that did not understand and would make big fuss. Like my Thai wife say alot of Frang have nothing better to do but pick at everything that is wrong... if you dont think things are right you should get out of thailand and go back to the country you came from where all was so well.

max I agree with you.

have you been able to get any info abou that case?

Regards, Claude Feller

Although my questions were not very difficult to answer but since I live only 100 m away from the TP Nathon I will come to see you. If you don't mind I will publish your answers in this forum.

Please understand that a forum is a very clever platform to distribute informations - better than many curious farangs asking you the same questions.

Cheers from Soi Marine Police,

Claude Feller

I dont see nothing wrong with having the correct phone no. on the side of the tourist police car instead of a number that doesnt work ! Or is that being a complaining demanding falang ? O ther people have said they dont know where the office is in Nathon anyway.

I dont see nothing wrong with having the correct phone no. on the side of the tourist police car instead of a number that doesnt work ! Or is that being a complaining demanding falang ? O ther people have said they dont know where the office is in Nathon anyway.

You are correct should have the right # and not have answer for you. Can tell you what I found out tonight but I had already had known. The 1155 was disconnected because it was miss used. People call to see if there mobile phone # worked and things like that. Granted the right # should be out there in the public face and we are trying to get it right and it takes time , manpower and baht to do all this, The tourist police are short in all areas , so they do the best they can.

Regards, Claude Feller

Your last comment just underlines why you should not be a tourist cop. Just because people disagree with the concept of farang volunteer tourist police or question their motives it does not mean thay should 'get out of Thailand' as you so eloquently put it.

What training or experience do they have for this role?

Have they been vetted?

Do any of you speak Thai?

I cannot think of another country which would allow untrained foreigners armed with pepper sprays etc to roam their streets why because it is a bad idea.

A representative from the Samui Express will be meeting with the Tourist Police soon to conduct an interview for an article to appear in the next issue to explain the roles, uses, experiences, etc. of the Tourist Police.

Please voice any questions or concerns (there are a lot already) here (thaivisa.com) to be asked or stated at the interview.

Samui Express

A representative from the Samui Express will be meeting with the Tourist Police soon to conduct an interview for an article to appear in the next issue to explain the roles, uses, experiences, etc. of the Tourist Police.

Please voice any questions or concerns (there are a lot already) here (thaivisa.com) to be asked or stated at the interview.

Samui Express

In case of road accident with a drunken/not drunken Thai - without own fault:

Who do we farangs have to contact to make sure that the insurance of the Thai car will pay for our damage (car, bike, hospital fees)? What can we do after a "hit and run"? What kind of report has to be done? How can we ensure that we can understand the report? How can the TP be helpful in these cases? Is the TP only for tourists or for foreign residents as well?

Maybe another topic: Why are there no speed limits on Samui? Or are there just no speed controls here? Is the TP aware of the problem that a tourist while driving his motorbike always has to be afraid that an overloaded truck at high speed will kick him off the road from behind or from in front?

Regards, Claude Feller

Your last comment just underlines why you should not be a tourist cop. Just because people disagree with the concept of farang volunteer tourist police or question their motives it does not mean thay should 'get out of Thailand' as you so eloquently put it.

Have they been vetted?

I cannot think of another country which would allow untrained foreigners armed with pepper sprays etc to roam their streets why because it is a bad idea.

I think you are taking things out of context. :o

you were invited very politely to come over to the tourist police and get all your answers replied. I wonder how many of the posters so eager to complain have taken this invitation and went over to the tourist police to have a chat with the farrangs who are volunteers?? did you ?

i fail to see why you need to attack the guy who is donating his time and effort to help others.

the point he made about get out of thailand was in reference to a post that things are realy bad here. hence if things are so bad dont stay.

As per you own views about police volunteers. please google police volunteers and see that nearly every country in the world uses them.

In thailand the idea of long staying forigners assisting the local police is a welcomed idea. the locals dont speak good english and dont understand western mentality and those volunteers actually help out.

it allso shows the locals that some forigners are actualy caring enough about the tourists to do something and are not only here to sit around bars gulp beer all day while whining how bad and ridculous things are. :D .

I have had good experience with regular police here in Thailand,As long as im polite and non confrontational all has been cool.

They have helped to the best of their abilities with the regular bike spills etc...

The tourist police however especially the Farang ones,sorry to say complete Tw##ts.Check the boys out in Phuket armed to the teeth like a swat team,

From my understanding no vetting whatsoever,wana be policemen running amok in another country,does any one else find this scary?

The quote earlier from there representive sums it up ...if you dont like it go home etc etc .

Why do the Thais allow this type of person to put on a badge.

Regards, Claude Feller

Have they been vetted?

I think you are taking things out of context. :o

you were invited very politely to come over to the tourist police and get all your answers replied. I wonder how many of the posters so eager to complain have taken this invitation and went over to the tourist police to have a chat with the farrangs who are volunteers?? did you ?

i fail to see why you need to attack the guy who is donating his time and effort to help others.

the point he made about get out of thailand was in reference to a post that things are realy bad here. hence if things are so bad dont stay.

As per you own views about police volunteers. please google police volunteers and see that nearly every country in the world uses them.

In thailand the idea of long staying forigners assisting the local police is a welcomed idea. the locals dont speak good english and dont understand western mentality and those volunteers actually help out.

it allso shows the locals that some forigners are actualy caring enough about the tourists to do something and are not only here to sit around bars gulp beer all day while whining how bad and ridculous things are. :D .

Highdiver,

Whatever which way you look at it, that was not a smart thing to say in his position and it does make you wonder if he's the right person for the job.

From Article above

Two volunteer police officers, Mr. Chokechai Wongthai (37) and Mr. Waradee Srichuey (40) who beat up Mr. Jaroon appeared at the Banglamung Police Station to report to Pol.Col. Sarayut Sagnuan-Phokai, Superintendent. Both volunteer police officers

This talks about Police volunteer not tourist police volunteer. Thai national only can be volunteer police and they can carry guns. We have them on samui also