Mazda cx5 recall ?

retnic

Hi

I just had my car serviced in Pattaya and they told me I have bring it to have valve repair done free, except for a 700 Baht "cleaning" fee.

The paper she had said recall on it and when I asked for more information she wouldn't or couldn't tell me more, I asked for a copy and was told "cannot, for Mazda only". So I have no idea what they are going to do, and there are no recalls on cx5 that I can find.

Anyone else have this problem?.

Thanks in advance.

Found something about fuel pump related recalls late 2021 from US, and it was a part manufactured by Denso, so it affects many different brands of car, not only Mazda. However seems car is even worse off after replacement than before it.

See this: https://www.torquenews.com/1083/advice-mazda-cx-5-owners-about-deal-fuel-pump-recall

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

????I think, with this "cleaning fee" they try to rip you off!

Cleaning out the wallet lol

Mazda petrol skyactiv engines have had issues with the fuel pump. Not sure that has been addressed in the design of the engines. I havent seen any recall from valve repair (yet). Shouldn't be too hard to google it if it has been done elsewhere. 

The mazda diesel has spawned a whole industry in dpf removals and blanking the egr  - see the feeliq company on facebook.   https://web.facebook.com/feeliqmotorsport

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

The car is top model 2.5D skyactive, Malaysian built 2017.

After a lot of searches found old articles from 2018 about spring valve replacement recall, also affected Subaru and Toyota so sounds like it's genuine but, why has it taken Mazda Thailand so long, car has been regularly serviced since new and have had no problems.

Anyway I'll get it done, there will be discussion on the "cleaning fee" as it does seem like wallet cleaning.

Thanks again.