Flood warnings for Chao Phraya riverside residents in Bangkok and suburbs

snoop1130

CAE2EDCF-95B2-42C4-80E6-F1389CDFA688-600x337.jpeg

Riverside residents in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan are warned to brace for high tides for the next 4 days, when the level of the Chao Phraya River is forecast to rise to 1.9-2.1 meters above mean sea level.

The National Water Command Center said today (Thursday) that the high tides between 7pm and 10pm until August 1st coincide with the increased volume of water being discharged into the Chao Phraya River from the Chao Phraya reservoir, at a rate of 1,000-1,250m3/sec.

This is likely to cause the river to swell and flood riverside communities not protected by floodwalls in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/flood-warnings-for-chao-phraya-riverside-residents-in-bangkok-and-suburbs/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Don't worry too much , I have it on good authority that there won't be another flood similar to the on in 2011  for another 50 Years. At the time I expressed concerns regarding buying a house in Nonthaburi and the joint owner ( I mean sole owner of course) told me this was a once in a lifetime occurrence.  I asked how I would cope in 50 years time with such a flood , and she told me again not to worry, ' You won't live that long'. I was stunned to know she was both a meteorologist and doctor.

Edited by DaLa
missing word.
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The National Water Command Center said today (Thursday) that the high tides between 7pm and 10pm until August 1st coincide with the increased volume of water being discharged into the Chao Phraya River from the Chao Phraya reservoir, at a rate of 1,000-1,250m3/sec.

Great timing.

Edited by hotchilli