Thailand to Prepare for Surge of Passenger Arrivals

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

According to reports, 1.08 million international visitors arrived in Thailand between January 1 and May 20. The number is expected to rise to 6 million in the second quarter,

So a quick math, second quarter ended on June 30th, so according to TAT, between May 21st and June 30th, 6 million international visitors arrived in Thailand??? 
I know no one from Media would challenge the numbers but I am just amazed at the confidence of TAT that they know people can’t really crunch numbers here.

Edited by RandiRona
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find these declarations hilarious 

here's one tht is just as stupid ......I expect 200mbt to appear in my bank account tomorrow

Thailand the land of dreams 

when is that emergency decree ending ?????? Prayusts ultimate power  lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

if  you  know where to  look and can pick and choose  you can get some EXCELLENT  fares. I got a  Business  class Bangkok to the UK  flight on new 787 dreamliners for 1700 uk  pounds  return leaving September back end of October, lie flat beds and  all the other  fripperies. Compared to many of  the carriers this  fare was  half  their  prices..

Thats a great low season steal, Im a business class online seeker as well.......just takes patience......probably be 5000 pounds return in December.....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Thailand preparing for the surge in arrivals that never comes...

What might be more disturbing is this institutional obsession with arrivals/tourist and all that's associated........by way of govt, media, assorted pundits and everyday observers - who all seem to be burdened with the same fabricated mantra.

Let it go.

• Like 1

I may be making trip 16 this Fall.  40 years of engineering work, most of which was fun and stimulating and certainly profitable in the later years may have run its course.  EVA Air plane flights 50 % more than pre covid (Premium Economy).   been 3 years since my last visit.  So miss the place.  been going since 2004

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

if  you  know where to  look and can pick and choose  you can get some EXCELLENT  fares. I got a  Business  class Bangkok to the UK  flight on new 787 dreamliners for 1700 uk  pounds  return leaving September back end of October, lie flat beds and  all the other  fripperies. Compared to many of  the carriers this  fare was  half  their  prices..

Well I might wonder which carrier and how long the transit is.... hopefully not Biman.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well I might wonder which carrier and how long the transit is.... hopefully not Biman.

Its 2  stops which doesnt bother me, all I need  is a lie  flat bed, New  Planes first world airports, first class  lounges, new 787 dreamliners........ not Bangladesh Airlines

On 7/29/2022 at 3:08 PM, CANSIAM said:

And on another headline elsewhere  "Hefty airfares hinder industry recovery".......

Honestly,  I don't think Thai authorities read their own news and I'm not trying to be funny either. 

• Like 2

if they are extending 50% fees for another quarter and if they extending terms of payment to 90 days, means that not many airlines are willing to fly and on reduced schedule.

why minister is quoting figures for the first quarter if there are already figures up to 23.07.

Till that date over 3mln international arrivals. On average 15k/day.

That doesn't meant they are tourists - probably half are travelling thai.

The total for 2022 might be only 7mln, just 4mln more in the next 5 months and 7 days. That is average 25k/day.

The higher estimate figure makes 45k/day and that is much higher rate to now, but I think too optimistic. The problem is, that 4th quarter is still partly rainy season, which formally end at the end of October, but in a touristy South it ends later - on Phuket, Krabi around end on November and Samui archipelago in January.

That is within airlines capacity. Still, problem might be bottlenecks in Europe airports, which are not coping with demand and forcing airlines to cancel flights. 

There would be seasonal charter flights - the TG are contemplating them for package tourists from europe, as well as russian airlines already planned for october to phuket.

Possibly there would be more scheduled flights, but still emirates have some 33% of the thai market share and that position is very strong, not allowing others to compete. That's why the BA is not coming back to Thailand. There must be many others which would not bother coming back to thaoland yet 

Edited by internationalism

According to Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) and the Airports of Thailand (AoT) have been told to prepare for the upcoming tourist season, in which the number of arrivals is expected to rise after the easing of travel restrictions in many countries.

And when in Thailand ?????

• Like 1

Hoping and praying will not increase tourist numbers despite what tat thinks the world economy is not going good at the moment and places like Vietnam are the in places to go not Thailand unfortunately

22 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Hoping and praying will not increase tourist numbers despite what tat thinks the world economy is not going good at the moment and places like Vietnam are the in places to go not Thailand unfortunately

Vietnam international tourism is recovering a lot slower than Thailand. In 2019 they got 45% of the visitor figures of Thailand, year to date June that figure had dropped to 29%.

I'm in Chiang Mai and I do see more tourists.  But lot of them appear to be the backpacker crowd that stay at hostels.  Some of the hostels seem really full.  Who knows maybe some of these backpackers are "big spenders".  I have stayed at a couple of the higher end hotels in Chiang Mai in the last several months and these hotels are definitely not full and not crowded.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Its 2  stops which doesnt bother me, all I need  is a lie  flat bed, New  Planes first world airports, first class  lounges, new 787 dreamliners........ not Bangladesh Airlines

Is there some reason you don't want to name the carrier? Or is it a mix?

Edited by jacko45k