Wi-fi Or Lan In-room Bangkok

girlx

Hi all- I am in Bangkok working and though I found a great hotel with a reliable wi-fi connection (Om Yim), it is fully booked for the next week or so. I need to move out tomorrow. I was referred to Bangkok City Suite on Petchburi but they are also booked. Can anyone recommend another place that has a reliable internet connection in-room, is close to the Skytrain, and isn't too expensive? Thanks for any help...

thanks for your help jdinasia, you are probably right, but i called and it says their office closes after 5:30p, so unfortunately i can't know for sure what they offer in time.

for future reference, if anyone else has the same problem, there are lots of nice places that offer Wi-fi or LAN in-room for cheap, but all of them happened to be booked right now. make sure to book way in advance!

here are a few:

Majestic Suites Suk Soi 4

Bangkok City Suite Petchburi Soi 1

Om Yim Lodge Narathiwat Rd (across from Chong Nonsi BTS)

A-One Inn Soi Kasem San 1 near MBK (least recommended of this list)

... & supposedly Erawan House off Pra Athit Rd. near Khao San has wi-fi for guests as well but can't verify this with the staff on the phone because they appear to be hopelessly stupid

thanks for your help jdinasia, you are probably right, but i called and it says their office closes after 5:30p, so unfortunately i can't know for sure what they offer in time.

for future reference, if anyone else has the same problem, there are lots of nice places that offer Wi-fi or LAN in-room for cheap, but all of them happened to be booked right now. make sure to book way in advance!

here are a few:

... & supposedly Erawan House off Pra Athit Rd. near Khao San has wi-fi for guests as well but can't verify this with the staff on the phone because they appear to be hopelessly stupid

try calling the hotel directly :o

Hi all- I am in Bangkok working and though I found a great hotel with a reliable wi-fi connection (Om Yim), it is fully booked for the next week or so. I need to move out tomorrow. I was referred to Bangkok City Suite on Petchburi but they are also booked. Can anyone recommend another place that has a reliable internet connection in-room, is close to the Skytrain, and isn't too expensive? Thanks for any help...

If not too late, here's a suggestion from a friend down in Hua Hin:

Ruamchit Travel Lodge. The hotel doesn't host the wifi but you can pick it up (from where?) in the rooms. Several nets turn up and some are open. There's a small cyber cafe in the parking lot.

Ruamchit Travel Lodge 662-252-6403

http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/ruamchitt/index.html

11/1 Soi 10, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110 Thailand

Internet Reservation Office in Bangkok:

Tel: (66-2) 6776240 to 5

Fax: (66-2) 6776246 to 7

Contact person: Meemee

I've not stayed there.

Mac

Girl X, The Prasuri Guesthouse (85/1 Soi Prasuri, Dinso Road, Phra Nakhon (Tel: 0 2280 1428 Fax: 0 2280 1428)) near Democracy Monument has wifi that they charge 20 or 40 baht an hour for. I discovered that once you get the login, you can use it in your room, even though they say it doesn't reach there. They have A/C rooms for 400 baht.

would be nice if you would post the name for future reference.

I was recommended the Ibis Siam on Rajaparob Rd but apparently wi-fi is 200b/hr. there so that's not worth it. I decided to go with the Erawan House on Soi ChanaSongkram off Pra Athit Rd. This is one of the best deals, actually. A great room for 850b/night with a good wi-fi signal and very helpful staff (sorry for what I said before :o). You pay a one-time fee of 100 baht to get the WEP key so you can use the service.

Baan Sukhumvit hotel Soi 20 very clean ( only open 18 months) free internet in the lobby and free WiFi in the room, also free breakfast, 1540 baht per night. website www.baansukhumvit.com

would be nice if you would post the name for future reference.

I was recommended the Ibis Siam on Rajaparob Rd but apparently wi-fi is 200b/hr. there so that's not worth it. I decided to go with the Erawan House on Soi ChanaSongkram off Pra Athit Rd. This is one of the best deals, actually. A great room for 850b/night with a good wi-fi signal and very helpful staff (sorry for what I said before :o ). You pay a one-time fee of 100 baht to get the WEP key so you can use the service.

Here is theres site http://www.khaosanroad.com/erawan_house/index.htm

The Marriott in Sukhumvit soi 2 has a strong, fast and open wifi signal. Any hotel within 250 metres can pick it up, possibly with the assistance of the Hawking HWU8DD antenna and a clear line-of-sight. The Rajah and Nap Inn in soi 4 come to mind. If you feel sorry for them earning $150 per night per room, you can always drop in and buy a coffee.

here are a few:

Sorry, who has booked all the rooms? It's a low season, no holidays yet in Japan/Korea/China, many hotels do noisy (jack hammer type) renovations just about now.

Call a travel agent or visit some online booking site - the rooms could be sold, could be true, but to the agencies and the hotels just know "sold out" while the agencies holding the rooms could be struggling to fill them.