Satit demonstration schools at universities - no teaching license needed? What happens after 6 years on a temporary teaching permit?

I am hearing that if you teach at a K-12 Demonstration School that is part of a university, the school can process your employment through the university so that you are a "university employee" on paper and therefore do not need a teaching license.  Is this true, or just a loophole that gets exploited?  Anyone have a link?

A second question I have is what happens when a teacher's three temporary teaching permits (six years) is up and the teacher doesn't want to get a Thailand Teaching license for whatever reason?  Can the teacher still teach in Thailand some other way, if not immediately, but in the future?  Is that teacher banned from ever teaching in Thailand again without a license?

Edited by guyfromtheweb2

To your first question - it's possible but in reality you will need a license or waiver.

To the second question. Depending on how you burned through your waivers and the mood of the TCT it's possible to get a fourth waiver and highly doubtful but not impossible to get a fifth / although for all intents and purposes it is impossible nowadays.

The prestige of the school makes no matter unless it comes with an envelope. This is first hand knowledge.

While questions on the application allow for non teachers to apply for a full license I am extremely skeptical that this would be granted without full, permitted employment at a Thai school.

Selecting a post grad degree that meets TCT whims, the new exams in addition to applying for full license without being employed at a K12 I think it impossible to get a license for a person rejected after 3+ waivers in 2022-

Edited by BonMot

Per above, you do need a teaching license and teaching without one is punishable with a jail term of 1 year and/or a fine of 10,000 baht. In practise you probably fly under the radar as for university itself there is no teaching license requierement. But would probably aslso have the seperate crime of supplying fake documents as the labour office might require a teaching schedule and such.

Without a teaching license you can teach at univrsity level or at a language school. There no teaching license is required.

Good information and this confirms what I already assumed.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:31 AM, Preacher said:

Per above, you do need a teaching license and teaching without one is punishable with a jail term of 1 year and/or a fine of 10,000 baht.

This doesn't scare me.  Every time I ask a question on the internet about loopholes and workarounds, everyone should know that I am trying to circumvent some laws.  There is always someone that either tries to scare me or dissuade me from breaking the law, which does not work.  The odds of getting caught are slim and it is extremely rare for those that do get caught to go to jail, let alone for a whole year.  I've been to jail before anyway, in many places, no big deal.  Luckily Thailand doesn't check your criminal background in your home and other countries when you get a teaching job! 

In practise you probably fly under the radar as for university itself there is no teaching license requierement.

This.  Spelling mistakes aside, this is my plan.  I will fly under the radar by teaching at a university with no license requirement.

But would probably aslso have the seperate crime of supplying fake documents as the labour office might require a teaching schedule and such.

Per my response above, so what.  Everything in my life is basically a crime.  I won't be stopping.

Without a teaching license you can teach at univrsity level or at a language school. There no teaching license is required.

Yep.  I will do this.  I'm not paying Thailand money to take any courses or exams just to get a stupid teaching license when I have experience teaching and know I can do it.  The Thailand teaching license is just one of many ways to extract more money from us farang.  I'll use the university-teaching-loophole. 

????

1 hour ago, guyfromtheweb2 said:

I'll use the university-teaching-loophole. 

It's not a loophole.

You only require a teaching licence or waiver to teach at establishments governed by OBEC. Universities are not governed by them so no licence required.

4 hours ago, puchooay said:

It's not a loophole.

It IS a loophole if I can get a work permit that says I teach at a university when I am actually teaching grades K-12 at the demonstration school that is part of the university; thus, avoiding the teaching license requirement.

3 hours ago, guyfromtheweb2 said:

It IS a loophole if I can get a work permit that says I teach at a university when I am actually teaching grades K-12 at the demonstration school that is part of the university; thus, avoiding the teaching license requirement.

That too is not a loophole. It's a lie.

• 4 weeks later...