Two wifes

I am sperated from my wife who lives in america ,no we are not divorced .My thai women wants us to marry is that cool or will i have problem in thailand with that?I am planning on buying land and want to put it in her name on a 30 year lease back to me.Is a big deal to be married why would she want this if she knows i'm married ?please help

In order to set up a legal marriage at the local Amphur here in Thailand, you would need an affidavit from your Embassy in Bangkok stating that you are either single or divorced. This statement has to be stamped at the Thai Ministy of Foreign Affairs. In your case I bet that the Embassy would not issue it for obvious reasons.

A Thai marriage (registered at the District Office) is a legal marriage in the USA and you would thus be a bigamist as pointed out.  Prior to a marriage here you have to swear before a Consular Officer of the US Embassy that you are not married (he will issue paper on your word) so you have added another charge.  You register this paperwork with the Thai Foreign Ministry (another charge?).   Before the District Officer you state you are free to marry (another charge?).  

Believe your girlfriend is talking about a village ceremony that is not a legal marriage.  This provides some security as in the eyes of the people around you are now married even if not a legal marriage.  There could also be sin sot involved which would provide monetary reason.