Alternate area to Democracy/KhaoSan... or decent hotel closeby?

wjmark

Been 5 years since I was in Bkk. Spent a lot of time in Thailand before that. Coming back soon.

In Bkk I always stayed at a big old 350bt  hotel across Ratchemadorn from KS rd.  Close to Democracy monument. Behind the Benz shop. Quiet area, Mostly Thai guests... Great central location.-  quiet and far enough away from the tourist <deleted> of KS...

But it has been demolished, and I am looking for a replacement near there.  Or in another area recommended?

I am comfortable near Democracy/KS. I know my way around. From north of KS down to south of Charoen Krung I know pretty well.  I don't know any other areas to stay in Bkk.

I don't need bars, shopping, or a lot fancy coffee shops. I don't want a boutique hotel.  I eat Thai food all the time.

I would be perfectly happy in a basic residence with food stalls nearby...

So please, a good basic hotel near Democracy (not in the backpacker zone). Or some other area of Bkk to try.

Are there still decent 500bt places? Or am I just dreaming? I would consider something really special (with pool) for 1000bt? I see booking online gives some pretty cheap prices...

Thank you

Dépends why you want to go there really? Why is that particular area good for you ? If it suits your goal of visiting Bangkok, then go on booking.com , if you know that area it should be dead easy to find something.  Otherwise Bangrak , sky train, Thaksin Pier , think there’s a few cheap places there. Plenty of coffee shops etc

Thanks. Yes, found a nice looking place just north of the klong in that area. Been a while since I travelled, and want the security of knowing the area I am in...

Very nice sounding place. A little guest house with a pleasant woman as owner.  Lots of good current reviews. It sounds great. Less than 500bt.

I hope it is good!

Edited by wjmark