COVID-19 to be designated as infectious disease under watch, possibly in October

webfact

image.jpeg

(Photo by Viktor Forgacs)

Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee decided to change the status of COVID-19 yesterday (Monday), from a “dangerous infectious disease”, which came into effect on March 1st, 2020, to an “infectious disease under watch”, tentatively from October 1st, as Thailand cautiously transitions to a post-pandemic status.

Chaired by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, the committee also approved a policy guideline framework, encompassing several aspects of COVID-19 monitoring and containment efforts, such as controlling the spread of the disease by taking into account the number of patients hospitalised, bed occupancy by severe cases, access to vaccines and anti-viral drugs, adjustment of quarantine measures, publicity campaigns to educate people of the merits of vaccination and a legal review to correspond with the changing situation.

For post-pandemic management to remain in line with the changing situation, Anutin said that the committee will allow state hospitals to procure anti-viral drugs independently.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-to-be-designated-as-infectious-disease-under-watch-possibly-in-october/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry to announce relaxation of Covid-19 Coronavirus as communicable disease under surveillance by October 1st

By Nop Meechukhun

image.jpeg

National – Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is planning to announce Covid-19 Coronavirus as a communicable disease under surveillance in the country by October 1st.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul revealed to the press on Monday, August 8th, that the Ministry would propose the recategorization of Covid-19 from a dangerous communicable disease to a communicable disease under surveillance to the Communicable Disease Committee by October 1st.

And starting September 1st, Covid-19 patients will be able to seek Covid-19 medicines at hospitals nationwide without registration or procedures from Public Health.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/08/thailands-public-health-ministry-to-announce-relaxation-of-covid-19-coronavirus-as-communicable-disease-under-surveillance-by-october-1st/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ah the timing of all of this, A-nut-in statin just the other day that he would put his hand up for PM, i.e. if the people want him too, of course.

Prawit said he has enough time to do it.

• Haha 2

"Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee..................."

Basically, they held a committee meeting to decide "we'll keep an eye on it".

Ah, what would they all do without "Committee Meetings"?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Health minister in military uniform and pitch black dyed hair more interested in business. 

Kinda creepy IMO.. But, many moons ago I had a friend from the US that was completely bald except with a small fringe around the bottom.. Once a month he had it dyed jet black... hahaha. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

Words fail me...

I cannot see the sense in having a committee meeting to decide what they might possibly do in several months time.

Just a hot-air gab fest and big noting session.

Plenty of scope for a lot of flip flopping in the meantime.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee decided to change the status of COVID-19 yesterday (Monday), from a “dangerous infectious disease”, which came into effect on March 1st, 2020, to an “infectious disease under watch”,

Would that be a Philippe Patel watch or an emergency decree kind of watch?

5 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Health minister in military uniform and pitch black dyed hair more interested in business. The government you have is the government you deserve! 

"The government you have is the government you deserve!"

Really?? and just who deserves a shower of soldiers with probably the same low Thai IQ to just walk in with guns behind them and put a demotrically elected government out of office, stayed for eight years and still counting, and never put themselves up for an election apart from with 200 odd Generals and such like??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gknrd said:

I have Covid now, went to the hospital. They gave a covid test. Asked if I was vaccinated and with what and how many. Gave me some pills and Tylenol sent me home in 15 minutes. 500 baht. 

This is my second bout with it. Thank god for the great and free vaccines I have gotten in the US.. With out them I would be on Boot Hill now. Or stuck in my home going stark raving mad..

Times are a changing.

When did you get covid the first time and was it US or Thailand? 

5 hours ago, G Rex said:

Words fail me...

I cannot see the sense in having a committee meeting to decide what they might possibly do in several months time.

Just a hot-air gab fest and big noting session.

Plenty of scope for a lot of flip flopping in the meantime.

Wasn't there an article here recently pointing out that the PM had a budget of 1M baht for "meeting expenses"? I think this is the major impetus for all of these meetings.

3 hours ago, MoneyNo1 said:

When did you get covid the first time and was it US or Thailand? 

South America, and it was not as bad as this time around. Maybe a different strain here, not sure. Also I had just received my second shot a few weeks earlier.  

First time it was really mild, this time I was pretty sick and achey for a couple of days.

Back in the states I pretty much keep to myself. I have a small home there that keeps me busy. So, I stay off the streets and away from busy airports and people.

Edited by Gknrd

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

South America, and it was not as bad as this time around. Maybe a different strain here, not sure. Also I had just received my second shot a few weeks earlier.  

First time it was really mild, this time I was pretty sick and achey for a couple of days.

Back in the states I pretty much keep to myself. I have a small home there that keeps me busy. So, I stay off the streets and away from busy airports and people.

Interesting, so you only got covid once you were vaccinated? 

• Like 1

Hey just quit monkeying around and you will not get the pox.

Go to Thailand and have a great vacation, stay near the ocean, and eat the great Thai food and

some sea food as well. Then in Spring when Winter is over go back to your northern home and enjoy the

return of Spring. Well that is my intentions for this coming Winter anyway.