email help please

mjakob007

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

@yahoo.com, @live.com etc are like street addresses (you cannot move house and use your old address)

So you cannot use them with another provider.

just start afresh with whoever you want to move to, you should be able to import your contacts quite simply.

That is right for email adresses that are connected to a provider. I believe Yahoo (but not 100% SURE) lik google en hotmail are free and can be moved. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

That is right for email adresses that are connected to a provider. I believe Yahoo (but not 100% SURE) lik google en hotmail are free and can be moved. 

Ok, then please elaborate on how you move @yahoo.com to hotmail.com, because that was what the OP asked about. What might be possible, is to keep the part of the address that is before the @-sign, if it is not already taken at the new chosen provider.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, then please elaborate on how you move @yahoo.com to hotmail.com, because that was what the OP asked about. What might be possible, is to keep the part of the address that is before the @-sign, if it is not already taken at the new chosen provider.

He asked if he can keep it yes he can. He does not have to use the email adress from his new provider at all. 

Maybe i misunderstood. What do you consider MOVING. 

Normally if you have a email adress from a provider you CANNOT keep it after you stop using that provider. But for stuff like hotmail and Gmail you can always keep them you can even set it to forward to your new email adress or even intergrate it with your mailbox in outlook.

Edited by robblok
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

1 question please:

Re: Service Provider, do you mean email service provider or Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

I have moved ISP many many many times (in Europe and In Asia), and I have still my Hotmail (opened when I still lived in Europe), Gmail, Yahoo email addresses and I still can send and receive email from them.

It would be totally different if you have an email address (for example) [email protected] and you want to move to isp2.com and still want to use [email protected].

If so, then you would need to talk to isp1.com if it's possible (for a fee) to retain your email address there.

I meant changing 'email service provider'.

16 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

From what I understood...

You've been using a "yahoo E-mail address" for 25 years, you want to change your email service provider and you're asking whether you can keep you "yahoo E-mail address":

Straight and short answer: No, you can't!

Longer answer: since you want to leave Yahoo services you can't keep using the E-mail address (and E-mail services) provided by Yahoo.

Now, you can use your Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, whatever E-mail addresses with the CSP (= Communication Service Provider: 3BB, AIS, True, etc. in Thailand) of your choice.

You can, as well, "consolidate" your E-mail activity through a "client": Outlook (part of Office Suite, from Microsoft), Thunderbird (from Mozilla), etc.

Hope it'll help

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Yahoo -> Gmail

Read this

Get Gmail features for your other email accounts

If you have a Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail, or select non-Gmail accounts, use Gmail to get many of Gmail's features with that address.

To do this, you’ll need to link your account to Gmail. After you link your account, you’ll see all your messages in your Gmail inbox, plus these changes:

Link: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6304825?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

How to send email from Gmail via your Yahoo account

If you own another email address, you can send mail as that address. For example:

Yahoo, Outlook, or other non-Gmail address

Your work, school, or business domain or alias, like @yourschool.edu or [email protected]

Another Gmail address

Tip: You can send emails from up to 99 different email addresses.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en