bprinceuk

1 hour ago, bprinceuk said:

Is the Khon Kaen Immigration office still located at the bus terminal

Still at bus terminal 3.

Was there last on August 5.

No indication of a soon to happen move.

(rumors since years)

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Does anyone have a phone number for the bus terminal?

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

there is no central point for enquiries. Is that true?

During pre-Covid-19 days when I was a Tourist Police Volunteer in Khon Kaen, Bus Station Terminal 3 had no prominent Information Office, just a small office window for general information and not bus companies and their services. Each bus company had its own office with its own telephone number. I have found this on the internet, but offer my sincere apologies if it is not relevant:

KHON KAEN BUS TERMINAL 3 Address: ถ.เลี่ยงเมือง Mueang Kao Sub-district, Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen 40000, Thailand               Phone+66 43 471 563

Regarding Kalasin:
Phetprasert Tour has 3 daily buses from Khon Kaen to Kalasin
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

During pre-Covid-19 days when I was a Tourist Police Volunteer in Khon Kaen, Bus Station Terminal 3 had no prominent Information Office, just a small office window for general information and not bus companies and their services. Each bus company had its own office with its own telephone number. I have found this on the internet, but offer my sincere apologies if it is not relevant:

KHON KAEN BUS TERMINAL 3 Address: ถ.เลี่ยงเมือง Mueang Kao Sub-district, Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen 40000, Thailand               Phone+66 43 471 563

Regarding Kalasin:
Phetprasert Tour has 3 daily buses from Khon Kaen to Kalasin

Very helpful. Thanks. That three buses a day used to be an hourly service, sometimes half-hourly. There is a van service too with the same route number (278) but local enquiries have revealed that it has been reduced from half-hourly to every 90 minutes due to the current Covid situation in the area.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, lungbing said:

I was there last month for my 90 day report and asked an IO.  He said " Maybe December".

That would then be north of the ringroad.

They have an immigration building there since years.

But as I understand it's only for some "region headquarter functions"?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1