Death toll in Chon Buri pub fire rises to 17

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXeshps5hw9Z1YLSUhWA3sOgPimh6CeQdNVmPc-1.jpg

Another 2 deaths, resulting from the fire at the Mountain B pub in Chon Buri province last Friday, have been confirmed yesterday and today (Thursday), bringing the toll to 17.

Twenty nine other people are currently receiving treatment in hospital, with 15 on ventilators. 9 people have already been discharged from hospital. Thirteen people died at the site and a total of 55 people were injured.

Only one door which was narrow was available for visitors and rescuers. It became clear later that there were other entrances and exits but they were locked or blocked.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/death-toll-in-chon-buri-pub-fire-rises-to-17/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Only one door which was narrow was available for visitors and rescuers. It became clear later that there were other entrances and exits but they were locked or blocked.

And yet, I am sure I have read on 3 different threads, claims that the other exits were not locked! Perhaps these mainly came from owners or operators. But it would seem to be an easy detail to validate. Or perhaps we need to stop printing blatant lies!

• Like 1

1. Possibly the case is that whether this guy is jailed for a year, or for life, will hinge on such details, such as the doors.

2. RIP the deceased. I believe some are in a coma, but if not, how horrible that your last week was spent in agony, chaos and bewilderment.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And yet, I am sure I have read on 3 different threads, claims that the other exits were not locked! Perhaps these mainly came from owners or operators. But it would seem to be an easy detail to validate. Or perhaps we need to stop printing blatant lies!

I'm sure the first responders to the fire have a better idea of the truth.