Kitty Chopaka's Open Letter (rant) to American and Canadian Maijuana Market

bobbin

If someone with a FB account could upload her letter I would be obliged..

I was able to view it but could not copy.

In her letter she begs American and Canadian producers to cut her and Thailand some slack and refrain from "dumping" cheap pot from established production areas. She asks for a couple of years of non-competition to allow Thai producers to get up to speed in quality. Then she goes on to ask for more border interdiction in Thailand..

Kitty is a long-time activist in the Thai scene, but legalization was dropped in her and all other producer's lap. Top down by government decree, not bottom up.

So, does she have a point or is she crying in the wilderness? My thought is that the Thai producers will up their game quickly.. within 2 years. Then the home-field price advantage coupled with better quality bud will eliminate this "competition".

This competition is not directed by primary producers. It's free-enterprise action but seems like on the Thai end things aren't particularly difficult for the importers..

Sorry, did I read that right?

It is Canada and the USA's fault that the Thai govt delisted BEFORE they had any idea of the demand and/or supply AND that Thai entrepreneurs want to fill the demand with proven-quality, well priced imports.

Really girl? Look in your own back yard and don't blame anyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

And why does the OP care at all that a 'Clitty Chewbacca' self-promotes her oversized ego on Fakebook?

She has done a lot of good work over the years as one of the leading legalise-it activists in Thailand. Activists tend to have egos.

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, tomster said:

Pretty sure that is not the case if you can get the right paperwork (and it is possible), the rest of the post is absolutely spot on.

They can import seeds from abroad with special permission. The whole industry lies to customers while selling the flowers of the seeds they import. They keep telling me we imported the flower, but it's a big lie. The only thing they import is seeds. 

Edited by CashMoon

1 hour ago, tomster said:

Pretty sure that is not the case if you can get the right paperwork (and it is possible), the rest of the post is absolutely spot on.

do you know what government place to go for the import license ?

my wife went to get the sales license and they told her they could only offer the seed import license and not an import license for actual flower or biomass. 

Most shops sells imported weed without licence.

They got plug in say California then register free mail forwarding address, u get LA address. Then plug sends air sealed bags with top weed they bought cheap. Can be kilos. They claim it as say sea weed or lavender. Package arrives at ur agents LA address and u get notified u pay fee and choose USPS as service. They forward it.

Dunno how it goes through tho. 

Rich Thais and some foreginers do that and supply Thier shops. 

From customer end is orite they get quality buds, cons is it's way more expensive then in US. 600-900 g

U can get import licence but that be complicated process.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/national/40016391