Your Windows License Will Expire Soon. ---> Lazada Keys?

NoDisplayName

Hello IT Experts!

About six months ago, the HDD in my laptop carped out, the C drive was getting corrupted, and windows was losing functionality.

I replaced it with a same-capacity SDD, and had the drive seller install windows 10 pro.

Now that six months has passed, I'm getting "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" at startup.  It seems the seller used the "organization activation service" and that needs to be re-validated every six months.

I ran "wmic path blahblah" to find my activation key, and tried changing the product key, but the old key was not valid.

I then ran "slmgr/xpr" to find my expiration date next month.

I assume now I need to buy a new key and enter that using "Change Product Key" in Settings/Activation.

How about the product keys sold on Lazada?

Will these keys require replacement every six months as well?

With a Lazada key, will windows update need to be suspended?

(I tried forum search and google search, but the most recent Thaivisa thread I found on this was from 2017)

There are sellers that offer 89 or 99 baht stolen keys, which probably work fine.

There are also 500-1200 baht offers of genuine packs, where DVDs are obviously cheaper than those with USB stick inside. Some examples:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/windows-10-pro-64bit-oei-dvd-i1092924211.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/windows-10-pro-3264bit-fpp-full-box-i1474640349.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/windows-10-pro-fpp-hav-00060-10-i2605084559.html

You can see the reviews, but 5star review by many doesn't mean that keys will work in the future. Generally, those keys, even 89 baht ones, don't expire after 6 months.

Yah, will work, if not tell the vendor and change the key or get a refund. The keys are generally not stolen but used in ways M'soft evidently didn't envision. Follow the directions from the vendor closely, or one of our gurus will be along to relate them.

These keys have been discussed many times on the forum with the usual back-and-forth between the paranoids and the go-for-its.

But get it while you can, as M'soft seems to be cracking down on the sellers:

Microsoft Sues Activation Key and Token Sellers For Enabling Customers' Piracy

You might check whether your Office is still activated, if you use Office. Same dance possible. 

Edited by BigStar

47 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

How about the product keys sold on Lazada?

Theres key's to Windows 11 available on Lazada.

Good reviews.

They'll also have Windows 10 keys. 

Screenshot_20220813-233400_Lazada.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

6 hours ago, userabcd said:

Some news from Torrentfreak for those using these cheap suspect microsoft license keys, In some countries, MS is going after some peddlers of those pirated licenses in court.

https://torrentfreak.com/microsoft-sues-activation-key-token-sellers-for-enabling-customers-piracy-220812/

Already noted above:

On 8/14/2022 at 12:01 PM, BigStar said:

But get it while you can, as M'soft seems to be cracking down on the sellers:

Microsoft Sues Activation Key and Token Sellers For Enabling Customers' Piracy

The keys mostly aren't pirated, just "repurposed" in a way M'soft didn't fully anticipate and of course doesn't like, hence calling it piracy.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, BigStar said:

Already noted above:

The keys mostly aren't pirated, just "repurposed" in a way M'soft didn't fully anticipate and of course doesn't like, hence calling it piracy.

Sorry, missed your link to the article.

It probably mostly is piracy if they do not have the explicit consent of MS to resell MS license keys.

Edited by userabcd

I needed a new key after changing my motherboard and cpu. I got one from Lazada, and after entering the code i received a warning saying that the code was already used.

I contacted the seller and he sent another used code. He then tried to get me to give him remote access with a Team-viewer QR code.

I refused and asked for a refund which he did not supply. I am now waiting for Lazada to sort the issue out.

I recently bought a used i7-8700k desktop from a company (a steal, for 180 CHF considering 32GB and SSD, mobo, PSU, case, etc.) and swapped mobo and cpu in an older computer of which I liked the case and was unable to make the installed windows' key work. I was about to call Microsoft support to get my older key re-activated (that always worked before), but then I saw Windows Pro keys being sold for 3 CHF, which was cheaper than making a call.
Bought one and it's working.

These keys aren't stolen, they are recycled from older systems. This is Switzerland, after all.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 2