Friend Of Thailand

Hi I was reading an article on a china airlines plane saying that if you donate 50,000 us dollars, the thai goverment will make you a friend of thailand and will give you a thai id card with permission to stay and buy houses etc. is there any truth in this?

Hi I was reading an article on a china airlines plane saying that if you donate 50,000 us dollars, the thai goverment will make you a friend of thailand and will give you a thai id card with permission to stay and buy houses etc. is there any truth in this?

None whatsoever. Maybe a deceptive ad for the "Elite" cards to rip off rich chinese. You won't get a Thai ID and you won't be allowed to buy any land.

http://www.thailandelite.com/

None whatsoever. Maybe a deceptive ad for the "Elite" cards to rip off rich chinese. You won't get a Thai ID and you won't be allowed to buy any land.

http://www.thailandelite.com/

Another case of proceed with caution. Due diligence and caveat emptor. At the last count you could buy the card at $US25,000

So what became of the "elite" card?

Last thing I heard about it was that the concept and strategy will be reconsidered but nevertheless it will surely remain doubtful that the target of selling 100.000 units will ever be realized. Obviously, a miscalculation in the context that it is pretty much the same unlikeliness that wealthy people engage into coupon schemes to otain price reductions as they buy timeshares. Well, and the average person can either not afford the expenditure of US$ 25.000 or thinks more than twice on what comes in return.

I am afraid sooner or later the fancy Elite Card Co. Ltd. on North Sathon Road will close it's door for one and forever at the latest when the money made from the few hundred cards sold has been eaten up.

It is indeed unfortunate that it is just us, the mere average, getting a real kick out off LOS while the priviledged rather hang out among themselves at places such as Monaco, Riveira, Aspen, Beverley Hills etc. The very moment when Thailand is mentioned in line with THOSE places the elite cards will really start to sell. Let's hope this is actually going to occur one day and wipe out those smear knowing grins from the people's faces uproad when getting to know that one lives in Bangkok which actually happens to be the capital city of Thailand and not the world's greatest whorehouse. :o