Government-run website launched to help fight sexual harassment online

webfact

image.jpeg

The Thai Government has opened a new website in an effort to protect youth from online sexual harassment, which has reportedly been on the rise, especially against the 11-15 age group.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek said today (Wednesday) that the website is the result of a joint effort between the Office of the Secretary-General of the Prime Minister, the Royal Thai Police and a working committee, which was set up to deal with internet crimes against children.

Any youngster who is experiencing sexual harassment online can log into the website to file a complaint or to seek help and advice, she said.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/government-run-website-launched-to-help-fight-sexual-harassment-online/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

11-15 age group

As a former teacher, I can definitely see ages 13 and higher being a problem.

11 and 12?  I guess I'm naïve, but I would put that group in a different category.   

Maybe at 11 and 12 they are technically sexually harassing without knowing that's what they are doing.  13 and up, they have a good idea they are doing something bad.  

16 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

As a former teacher, I can definitely see ages 13 and higher being a problem.

11 and 12?  I guess I'm naïve, but I would put that group in a different category.   

Maybe at 11 and 12 they are technically sexually harassing without knowing that's what they are doing.  13 and up, they have a good idea they are doing something bad.  

Have you got this the wrong way around?