More than four million foreign tourists have arrived since January, TAT reports

snoop1130

Thailand has welcomed over 4 million tourists so far this year
By Online Reporter

image.jpeg

More than 4 million foreign tourists have arrived in Thailand this year, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has reported.

According to the report released on Wednesday (Aug 17) a total of 4,015,504 people arrived in Thailand between Jan 1 to Aug 16.

Throughout August, Thailand received an average of 42,000 foreign tourists per day.

“TAT predicts that by August 31, the number of foreign tourists visiting Thailand will have reached 4.5 million,” said TAT Governor Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/thailand-has-welcomed-over-4-million-tourists-so-far-this-year/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-08-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

If the numbers in the article is true it only adds up to 2 million for the top 5 countries, so the other 2.5 million came from 

many many other countries?  I would believe TAT if they actually showed the countries and numbers 

that did add up to the 4.5 million.  The fantasy team for sure. Tis is Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the report released on Wednesday (Aug 17) a total of 4,015,504 people arrived in Thailand between Jan 1 to Aug 16.

That would be 4,015,504, who actually stepped onto Thai soil.

Of those there will be a number of people who are in Transit and on a single night stopover, Fi-Fo,s who are resuming their normal activity, and returning Expats 

Vacationers ? Maybe half the total. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, nearly a quarter of Thailand's tourism figures appear to be migrant workers - shows the real figures for 'actual' tourism' are REALLY REALLY bad !

Yes, I very much doubt that 1 out of 33 Laotians (218,000 vs. 7.27 million) travelled to Thailand this year for pleasure. I've been told that Laotians are struggling, due to low wages, their currency's devaluation, not to mention the general inflation.

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/ann/40012058

Edited by StayinThailand2much

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) on Wednesday, August 17th, reported that the total number of foreign tourists arriving in Thailand has reached four million since the full country reopening on January 1st.

4 million entries... a mix of tourists, expats, business people and connecting travelers?

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

80% of them are from India swarming all over Pattaya  behaving like they never been outside of India... i just came back from there and our big 4 stars hotel was/is full of them...

Yes makes for a rather unpleasant breakfast dining room

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I wonder how many expats are hidden in the UK number of 193,003 ,

and how many trips in (and out) this year?

If they are on retirement visas /or working, then none as they wouldnt be tourists.

Earlier this year the forecast was 15 million tourists for 2022, then 12 million, now 6 or 7 million.

Thailand and several ASEAN neighbours are now paying the price for the ever-changing requirements and endless hoops to jump through, while many Euro countries are almost back to pre-pandemic levels.

Takes a long time to get a customer but just one false move to lose him.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:03 PM, darksidedog said:

4 million by August would be pathetic by normal standards, pre pandemic being 3 million plus a month, but you have to remember that an arrival is counted as one every time, even if that person has been in and out four times this year, so its probably way lower in numbers of actual new people. Even that setting the records straight, does show a glimpse of sunlight on the horizon, given it was zero for a very long time. For Thai people who have lost so much these past years, I genuinely hope numbers and dollars to come back to them, and that they remember who did what for them in their hour of need while their government did little.

don't hold your breath on that one i think they have already forgotten ..

On 8/19/2022 at 6:54 AM, ezzra said:

80% of them are from India swarming all over Pattaya  behaving like they never been outside of India... i just came back from there and our big 4 stars hotel was/is full of them...

Not 80%, but pretty much the same here in Phuket. 99k Indians vs next group down 41k Aussies arrivals reports by the island immigration.

image.png.d548f2e1395ed9a8eab7111e21a1b6d5.png