Election Drinking Ban

SoloFlyer

so is that a city wide ban?

does anyone know any places that might not enforce it? i've got 24 aussie girls who want a night out and i fear they may tear me to shreds if i dont find somewhere

hope your wills up to date. :D

24 aussie girls, strewth sounds like trouble :o

strange driving around town with virtually nothing open. still plenty of drunk bikes though.

had guests so took them to one of the places on the river, bought my own bottle of JWR. Waiter said we cant serve you that - I said don't worry, I'll serve it myself and keep the bottle under the table; If anyone asks we're drinking iced green tea.

Can do.

strange driving around town with virtually nothing open. still plenty of drunk bikes though.

had guests so took them to one of the places on the river, bought my own bottle of JWR. Waiter said we cant serve you that - I said don't worry, I'll serve it myself and keep the bottle under the table; If anyone asks we're drinking iced green tea.

Can do.

i've heard of cops sniffing each and every customer's drink for any trace of alcohol. and i am not kidding!

I'm not so sure it's a good idea to conduct an election when a large portion of the populace is in the middle of a grueling alcohol withdrawal detoxification nightmare. Anyway, which of the three officially sanctioned parties looks to be winner - the Army, Air Force or Navy? Let me guess, the winner's first name is General?

Anyway, which of the three officially sanctioned parties looks to be winner - the Army, Air Force or Navy? Let me guess, the winner's first name is General?

Is it only me or has anyone else heard some rather scary stories of how " tranparent" (er... not) these elections are.

I don't know much I can say on here so maybe nuff said.

By the way I have been told the milicrats (work it out) will definitely win.

I'm not so sure it's a good idea to conduct an election when a large portion of the populace is in the middle of a grueling alcohol withdrawal detoxification nightmare. Anyway, which of the three officially sanctioned parties looks to be winner - the Army, Air Force or Navy? Let me guess, the winner's first name is General?

If I were eligible to vote I would happily cast it for that good looking 30's something chick who's photograph is plastered all over town.

Some people have said the ban ends 6:00 p.m. this evening (Sunday), some people say it extends to midnight. Anyone know when it ends?

At Tesco this afternoon at 6.12pm the checkout chick would'nt put six cans of Singha Light through with my groceries. Pain in a@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were eligible to vote I would happily cast it for that good looking 30's something chick who's photograph is plastered all over town.

Number 2 is NUMBAH ONE... :o

Some people have said the ban ends 6:00 p.m. this evening (Sunday), some people say it extends to midnight. Anyone know when it ends?

At Tesco this afternoon at 6.12pm the checkout chick would'nt put six cans of Singha Light through with my groceries. Pain in a@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sold booze all evening tonight...we were very busy..just shows how many people missed it yesterday :o

I was not 100% sure we could ...but we did anyway.

Last night we did not mnean to, but this guy came down to the office and asked for a bottle of whisky, I told him I could not sell him any as we would face a 5 grand fine per person if the Police caught us.

His reply was "Give Me the Whiskey" thrusting an ID card in my face....I am POLICE !!!,,,Captain :D

TIT

what a ridiculous law!

T.I.T.

Why is this a rediculous law? The Thai law is to prevent Thais turning up to the voting booth drunk and not capable of making a valid vote.

Or are you saying this because the ban means that the bars that would show the rugby game will be closed?

Perhaps you think that as a farung and not (directly) affected by the election we should be exempt from the closure and ban, perhaps we could have "farung only drinking laws"? Just like in New Zealand, where they allow Asian only drinking in bars on Christmas and Easter - oh no sorry they don't allow that. Or how about we just persuade the Thai government that we are such a special group we should ignore the law? Good luck but it is not going to work.

You could try the obvious alternatives which is to either:

1) buy a stock of booze and have a party at a house where they have the game on Cable

2) shock horror - have an alcohol free night

Amazing

CB