Street lights not working, who to call ?

4MyEgo

We live in a village and about a year ago they (who ?) installed tall solar lights and they have improved the visibility driving down the main road to our village and they light the street up at night as opposed to it being pitch black.

They have been out of order for about 2 weeks now, have asked the wife about 4 times to get onto it, however she says the mayor says not his job and she can't ring them the road people because they know of the problem (mind reader), she saw a car drive by the other day, so they know about it.

Reminds me of the power outage we had for 18 hours the other night, 11pm-5pm the following day, at 11am I told her to ring them, she was reluctant, long of the short she did, and they had no idea there was a black out and thanked her for calling them to tell them, at 5pm the power was restored as they changed a whole transformer on one of those dual village poles.

I am over asking her to call anyone because Thais have a different way of dealing with things than us farangs, so I am asking, does anyone know who I can call, they don't belong to PEA apparently, they are owned by the road department, so I am told, and I just need to call someone to say oi, get off your rears and sort it. 

27 minutes ago, South said:

Your local Tessaban Office should be able to sort it out for you.

Yeh, nah, wife says road department, already been down that road with her so to speak.

Latest is, she doesn't know how to contact them, <deleted>, primitive ????

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Haha 1

Update: Well what do you know, looks like wife lost face when I told her that I am asking on the forum who to call, e.g. she called the Mayor again, and the Mayor said after she called him last time (weeks ago), he received many calls and contacted the roads department who put him onto the contractor who he called, strangely enough that was the car that the wife said she saw.

Mayor gave the wife the contractors number to call, she called and he said, he thought one of his crew fixed it, the wife said, NOPE, and he said he will come out again as soon as possible to look at it again.

Told the wife to save his number, why you want me to keep his number she asked ????

How these people survive, I have no idea to be honest.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

OP hopefully you sorted out the solar lights. Electric outage call PEA 1129 has English option. 
First call they’ll ask name and address after if you use same phone they’ll have all information 

in the systems. 

Very good service. I live in a village… most the time I call within 30 minutes and if it’s not been reported they’ll call the PEA team that is responsible for your area to sort it out. Usually they’ll 

call back and say it’ll be approximately x time? 

Here it’s usually not been reported and if it’s during the day not many people in village notice the power off. 

it’s an excellent service and saves the grief of wondering (grief) when the power will on / it’s being worked on. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

How these people survive, I have no idea to be honest.

By not worrying about things with minimal impact on their daily lives.

By not needing everything to be perfect all of the time.

By waiting patiently with the view that something will be done at some point.

By not going to a forum full of whingers to complain and then throwing it back in others faces.

• Haha 1

The P.E.A. are amazing. Once in Hua Hin sat at an outside restaurant noticed sparking in the overhead lines. Then streetlights went out. Literally 5 minutes later a waggon and crew turned up and fixed it. 

Tessaban are a totally different kettle of fish. The mains operated street light outside our house was out for three years. Mrs rang umpteen times. It was only when a new deputy was appointed who happened to be a partner of a family member that our light was repaired.

• Thanks 1