Looking To Buy Condo In Bangkok.

I have been coming to Thailand for about 5 years now. Living here about 1/2 of that time (renting and in hotels). My wife is Thai and we are now looking at places to buy. We just spent the past few weeks looking in Hua Hin, Samui, Krabi and Pattaya. Now in Bangkok and want to look around here. We love Bangkok...

I have 2 questions:

1. Can somebody recommend a good agent to me? I would appreciate the help!

2. Any recommendations as to quality condos would be appreciated. In the 5-8MB range.

We would like to live in the condo initially, then potentially rent it out after a few years. I have been researching this via the internet (and this site) for a few months now. Will be spending the next 2 weeks here to look at condos.

Thanks!

Craig

I am holding a contract on a 81 sq metre - 2 BR/2bath/LR/Dining/Kitchen area/balcony/not fixed carpark space unit in a project just completed and open for inspection. It's called Baan Klang Krung Siam Patumwan on Petchburi Road, 2 minute walk to BTS Ratchedewi station on Phayathai Road. Convenient to malls such as MBK, Paragon, Siam Square. If you are interested to view the flat, I will be doing my pre-close inspection in the afternoon of Friday 29th June, the day I arrive BKK. You can PM me here, or or email me at <pcmar at netvigator dot com>. Price is well within your range. Big project -- about 500 units of studio to 3 BR sizes, swimming, etc.

tangoll

Guest madcow

Most of the Thai banks have a good assortment of properties for sale , with some listed on their respective websites , some are in English some only in Thai .

In 98-99 these listings were huge , they seem to be heading toward that again , I have bought from

Bangkok Bank , quick and easy , asking prices are negotiable also .

Hi, Madcow, am thinking of doing the same. Have seen some listed in good locations at reasonable prices. Did you have to wait until auctions or did you manage to contact bank and buy directly.

Were prices over or under their first asking price.

Any info. you have would be gratefully received.

Guest madcow
Hi, Madcow, am thinking of doing the same. Have seen some listed in good locations at reasonable prices. Did you have to wait until auctions or did you manage to contact bank and buy directly.

A friend of mine has just bought a place in Chiang Mai through the Kasikorn Bank , 5 rai , nice house for 600,000 baht it was listed at close to a million .

I just had quick look at the website , heaps for sale reasonable prices , my feeling is they are happy to be rid of them for whatever they can get , just contact the bank close to where you want to buy , in my experience they have always been very helpful .

Good luck !

Edited by madcow

Guest madcow

A friend of mine has just bought a place in Chiang Mai through the Kasikorn Bank , 5 rai , nice house for 600,000 baht it was listed at close to a million ,

I just had quick look at the website , heaps for sale reasonable prices , my feeling is they are happy to be rid of them for whatever they can get , just contact the bank close to where you want to buy , in my experience they have always been very helpful .

Good luck !

Sorry another question, do you know if your friend bought at auction or through the bank before. I have found normally that if you contact the bank before auction they normally want more than the asking price. My experience with auctions is not any better in that the more desirable properties never actually get sold , the bank hangs on to them. Maybe its just bad luck. 5 rai for 60000 is extreeeeemely cheap maybe I should try Kasikorn !