Gigabit; When Lightspeed Isn't Fast Enough, Get LudicrousSpeed

howto

"They've gone to plaid"

Ha!  I'm signed up for 500Mbits up and down at home and can't get anymore than 18Mbits down and 11 Mbits up on fiber.  Paying for 1Gbits down and 500Mbits up for my college kids in BKK and they can't get even 1/2 of what is advertised.  Calls just have you do the same rebooting of equipment with no change in speed.  This would be a law suit in the US.

Edited by DrPhibes
Content

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

"They've gone to plaid"

Ha!  I'm signed up for 500Mbits up and down at home and can't get anymore than 18Mbits down and 11 Mbits up on fiber.  Paying for 1Gbits down and 500Mbits up for my college kids in BKK and they can't get even 1/2 of what is advertised.  Calls just have you do the same rebooting of equipment with no change in speed.  This would be a law suit in the US.

I get 500-600 mbps towards singapore on my fiber. You won't get more than 150 mbps towards EU or US on a single connection due to MTU and latency.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:20 PM, muratremix said:

I get 500-600 mbps towards singapore on my fiber. You won't get more than 150 mbps towards EU or US on a single connection due to MTU and latency.

There is that.  Just had the tech guys out who tinkered with the wireless router provided by the company.  500Mbps up and down on 5g is up to snuff, the 2.4g went from 20Mbps to over 100Mbps.  Looks like original setting were the lowest bands in each frequency.  Thanks for the response.