Does Anutin deserve more credit than he is getting?

tomster

Well if he legalised Canabis, he must have gained some "benefit" from it. "Benefitting" is the only driver of the people controlling this country. He is one of them, so can't give him any credit.

And why on earth legalising recreational drugs, we have enough problems with alcohol, haven't we?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My only concern about Anutin is the hostility he has displayed toward “Caucasians”.  His attempt to blame Covid on “white people” is just shameful and devious. This is the kind of ploy that we see from people like Donald Trump. Find a scapegoat and blame everything on them.

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Are you speculating or is this a fact?

It's the same sort of "fact" that Cannabis is highly addictive, and causes all kinds of problems in society. Don't know why but hardened drinkers hate the fact that others can have more pleasure in life, using something that does far less damage, to both the person and society in general, than their drug of choice, alcohol. Another one for the "ignore" list. Life is too short, and way too much fun, to be wasting time on this sort of person.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

wait and see what amendments get made

recreational use will soon become illegal with a fine up to 800,000 baht and/or 6-months in prison

Your previous posts indicate you are not anti cannabis, is this just your Idea of a worst case scenario?  I sincerely hope so.

How could it be proved that that ones usage was "recreational"   even if it was only available on prescription there are many "tame " doctors who would prescribe it for a fee .

The way I see it, the worst they can do is try to control who supplies it, and that will be impossible when people are growing at home. 

I doubt very much that draconian punishments will return  , although i can see some further restrictions may well be issued to quell the concerns of the uninformed .

How keenly these will be be enforced also remains to be seen .

Its probably best not to think too much at the moment and to continue enjoying the current situation while it lasts

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Your previous posts indicate you are not anti cannabis, is this just your Idea of a worst case scenario?  I sincerely hope so.

How could it be proved that that ones usage was "recreational"   even if it was only available on prescription there are many "tame " doctors who would prescribe it for a fee .

The way I see it, the worst they can do is try to control who supplies it, and that will be impossible when people are growing at home. 

I doubt very much that draconian punishments will return  , although i can see some further restrictions may well be issued to quell the concerns of the uninformed .

How keenly these will be be enforced also remains to be seen .

Its probably best not to think too much at the moment and to continue enjoying the current situation while it lasts

was just a joke, didn't mean it to cause so many reactions

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

It's the same sort of "fact" that Cannabis is highly addictive, and causes all kinds of problems in society. Don't know why but hardened drinkers hate the fact that others can have more pleasure in life, using something that does far less damage, to both the person and society in general, than their drug of choice, alcohol. Another one for the "ignore" list. Life is too short, and way too much fun, to be wasting time on this sort of person.

Hardened drinkers generally are from the mis informed  "reefer madness" generation ,  They can not see through the propaganda due to the prescience of the alcohol induced haze . Any of those who have been tempted to try it may well have suffered a "negative experience" if they indulged after drinking the equivalent of  8 bottles of Chang

These hardened drinkers are always very keen for others to join them in imbibing there drug of choice and are often  quite aggressive to  those who don't want join them

" Go on pal have a drink with me I'm buying "

"no thanks I'd rather not"

" Go on what's up with you"

" nothing I just don't want one"

" Why what's your problem  my money not good enough for you "

" nothing like that I'm just not thirsty"

" look pal I've ordered one for you , you'd better drink it or I will take it personally"

" really , no thanks "

" call your self a man ? get out side and I'll show you "   etc etc etc

I'm sure we have all at least witnessed such altercations if not been directly involved

• Like 2

Anutin wants to be PM. At the next election it is possible; some say likely; that his party will hold the balance of power, having enough seats to decide who forms the next Government. His price will be the PM job.

I have seen him interviewed in English on Singapore's CNA TV channel and he came accross as reasonable and knowledgable.

His anti-falang comments don't sit well with expats here but most expats don't get to vote in elections. Thai voters seem to like him.

• Like 2