Why does the newsletter Featured Topics contain closed items?

topt

Example - 

This was closed many hours before the newsletter was sent out and not because it was something solved but considered by the moderator to be -

We endeavour to keep information here as accurate/factual as possible for the membership.

CLOSED

This issue has been going on for years and seems irrational to me.

Can someone please explain how the "featured topics" are selected?

• Like 1

I talked with the Thai Consulate in Frankfurt and with the Thai Embassy in Berlin, just to avoid running into trouble at immigration next time, because I visit Thailand quite often, and have to enter the country three more times in the coming months.

The stated info was given to me by official entities of the Kingdom, the only sources one can ask and refer to while outside Thailand. 

It is beyond me to understand why a discussion about the statements of Thai officials and related questions from embassies and consulates are not allowed to post, and seen as unfactual.

2 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

It is beyond me to understand why a discussion about the statements of Thai officials and related questions from embassies and consulates are not allowed to post, and seen as unfactual.

So contact admin/mod directly if you are not happy.

Discussion of moderation is not allowed as has been mentioned so your post has been wasted........

Plus it takes the focus away from my question.........:smile: