How to dry Cannabis flowers ?

fredbe

On 9/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, BritManToo said:

I always used a cardboard box with a 12v case fan fan mounted either end.

One pushing, one pulling.

That sounds like a 3 day dry not a 14 day dry.  

Hanging in a dark room, light breeze, humidity 50-60%  until the stem snaps with pressure. 

Then into jars or special bags. Jars stored in a dark place. Jars needed burping everyday for the first month. Some bags don't require this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thugtomas said:

How to cure marijuana  Drying takes about 2-7 days. The process is usually shorter when wet trimming because most of the plant material is trimmed away

wet trimming is brutal. Dry the weed first and can manicure beautiful buds.  

if you cant lower the hum. the hanging might not be the best option...

cutting to final product.. and dry from there.. might be a better idea to keep it under control,,

ofcourse well spread on newspapers with some fans blowing..

ofcourse you will loose some weight compaired to hanging first and then cut it nicely.. but loosing more to mold is also not smart..

but ofcourse depend what we talking about how many plants... etc etc.. there is no 1 answer fits all.. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PadPrikKhing said:

you get that "hay" smell

doesn't that happen when the bud is dried too fast and too hot a temp ? 

i understand terpene loss happens but that would only weaken the terpene smell. ive trimmed both ways and haven't had hay smell because of wet trimming. 

1 hour ago, stoner said:

doesn't that happen when the bud is dried too fast and too hot a temp ? 

i understand terpene loss happens but that would only weaken the terpene smell. ive trimmed both ways and haven't had hay smell because of wet trimming. 

I've seen it happen, so I thought it warranted mentioning it. You're right though, too fast and hot is the primary cause of it. But heat and having the bud "brutally" handled while wet, in my view have the same result—terpene loss and strong chlorophyll smell. Oh and that's another thing... when the bud is wet and being brutally scissored, it gets a lot of juicy chlorophyll going, which contributes to a grassy smell. The people I saw who trimmed wet were doing that because they were impatient, and since they were in a hurry they also used harsher conditions to dry it (more fan wind, higher temps) after trimming it wet.