Laguna Beach 2 and City center Residence in Pattaya

Do any of you have experience with the condos in
Laguna Beach Resort 2
Developed by HBY Home)
or city center residence?

On CCR I find the location very interesting, Laguna Beach 2 I appreciate the large pool and that the houses are not so close together.
Edited by Trac

CCR looks good on paper but it's not that great.  The location isn't very good even though it appears to be close to things on a map.  It's a PiTA getting to/from there and crossing 3rd road.   Almost no restaurants and or convenience stores nearby except for one BigC Mini. 

It's not a direct shot to 3rd road because the entrance is on the other side.  So it's a bit of a walk on a narrow road with no sidewalks to get around to 3rd road.  Also, the lower priced rooms are pretty small.  Maybe 20msq (?) and cheaply built like most of the newer low rise condo projects around town.

The price is low and the condos advertised online all over the place for a reason.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

As shdmn mentioned, CCR is really difficult to get to, at least on foot, and the location leaves a lot to be desired.

Laguna 2, some of the condos I looked at were in very bad shape.

However, right next to Laguna 2, is the Dusit Grand Park, IMO probably one of the best condo buildings in Pattaya, with all possible amenities, and a really good team of security and all other staff.  Similar rates.

@canadaSam: Was it just the condos that were in poor condition, or was the community property too? What damage did you see?

@shdmn: you talked about "cheabply build": How did you see this. Do you know condos, where the building quality is better?

Laguna 2, security almost non-existant.  Similarly, common areas cleaning not up to par.  And maybe my bad luck, but the 2 condos that I looked at were in bad shape, meaning damaged furniture, dirt/fungus in bathroom floor corners.  My point is, that unless you are getting an amazing deal, the condo next door, Dusit Grand Park is worlds apart, in terms of not only facilities, but staff, cleanliness, etc., and I believe, is in the same price range as Laguna 2.  Best of luck, whatever you decide.