Nok Air Can't Seem to Book Online/ Air Asia Negative COVID Result Needed?

Gilligan In Drag

I used to fly Air Asia from Roi Et to Bangkok pre-COVID19, and need to get to Bangkok now via that route, but put off by the utter lack of information

on the website and how there is no longer any person you can text or call at Air Asia. Even the robot text bot is broken. So I really would prefer not to fly with them,

it seems they have become very poorly run, so I don't feel they deserve anyone's money if they won't discuss anything with anyone.

But I still think I would prefer them to the 8 hour bus ride from Roi Et.

I was looking at Air Nok's website and it seems a lot more inviting, canary yellow and more things to click on but alas when you go to punch in your flight dates nothing happens,

the interface which is in the form of a drop down menu calendar thingy where you click your departure return dates is completely

unresponsive. What is up with that, anyone know? Are the lights on at Nok Air but no one's home, are they still in business? I remember they were patching some of

their older planes wings together with duct tape about 8 years ago, seemed bad, but I'm not aircraft repair expert, maybe its worth a gamble?

Also my main question that I cannot find an answer to anywhere regarding Air Asia is, are they requiring COVID vaccinations or negative test

results for flying domestically, that is, for flying within Thailand? The only info I could find on Air Asia anywhere about this was on their website but it was

for Malaysian domestic flights and you had to be triple vaccinated or something just to board a flight within Malaysia.

15 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Flew AA recently. No covid stuff required anymore. Planes were good.

No idea why you hate AA. Used them many times. Great discount airlines.

Airasia 's customer service is horrible, they will send you to an internet bot who has no idea what you want.

Their planes are almost always late by an hour, if air-ticket is the about the same price as others, it's better to take other airlines.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Airasia 's customer service is horrible, they will send you to an internet bot who has no idea what you want.

Their planes are almost always late by an hour, if air-ticket is the about the same price as others, it's better to take other airlines.

Yeah, AA's customer service was not too great in the past, now its non-existent. I never did have any problems with outrageously late flights or anything else, but yes, you'd often as not have to wait half an hour 20 minutes after the scheduled departure time on the Bangkok-Roi Et route. I've flown them from Don Muang to various places in Indonesia and back here a bunch and Nepal several times and they did what they print on the can, no issues, I was happy, its the best value, but I draw the line at not opening any communication lines, thats a bad precedent for me to support with my buying their tickets.

Update: I just went through the steps of booking a flight with AA and when you do that you reach a step in the process where  they ask you to agree to something that says you understand that your ability to get on the plane is still contingent on whatever the COVID decrees are in the country of boarding and exit. I don't know what Thailand's policy is regarding domestic flights, I suppose I should research that, but what you read everywhere all the time regarding international flights of course is that you have to at least have a negative test result within the last couple of days before your departure.

One guy in this thread says he didn't have to show COVID documents, but as we know, in Thailand they enforce rules sporadically sometimes selectively for various reasons. I'm not saying I don't want to hear what people's experience was, to the contrary, I really appreciate that, but there may be info that is more conclusive floating around regarding what Air Asia's rule is.

So, ya see, this is what i mean though about not liking no contact info, you have to try and guess what it is you need to do, kind of ridiculous, but what choice apart from the bus do you have? Bus would not be bad if it weren't for the complete mess that the Morchit central bus station area is in and I think now they don't take you any further  than Rangsit, so your taxi fare into Bangkok plus 1,000 baht for the bus ticket must now put you into range of what it costs to fly Air Asia from up country. But I don't know I haven't taken the bus to Bangkok in about 4-5 years.

23 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Those sites (not sights)  are worse. Higher fees for changing flights. AA website is good. 

Always deal direct. AA has people in airports to solve issues.

Incorrect, majority of the time I found their prices lower then direct. Never had an issue with those sites. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

Yeah, AA's customer service was not too great in the past, now its non-existent. I never did have any problems with outrageously late flights or anything else, but yes, you'd often as not have to wait half an hour 20 minutes after the scheduled departure time on the Bangkok-Roi Et route. I've flown them from Don Muang to various places in Indonesia and back here a bunch and Nepal several times and they did what they print on the can, no issues, I was happy, its the best value, but I draw the line at not opening any communication lines, thats a bad precedent for me to support with my buying their tickets.

Update: I just went through the steps of booking a flight with AA and when you do that you reach a step in the process where  they ask you to agree to something that says you understand that your ability to get on the plane is still contingent on whatever the COVID decrees are in the country of boarding and exit. I don't know what Thailand's policy is regarding domestic flights, I suppose I should research that, but what you read everywhere all the time regarding international flights of course is that you have to at least have a negative test result within the last couple of days before your departure.

One guy in this thread says he didn't have to show COVID documents, but as we know, in Thailand they enforce rules sporadically sometimes selectively for various reasons. I'm not saying I don't want to hear what people's experience was, to the contrary, I really appreciate that, but there may be info that is more conclusive floating around regarding what Air Asia's rule is.

So, ya see, this is what i mean though about not liking no contact info, you have to try and guess what it is you need to do, kind of ridiculous, but what choice apart from the bus do you have? Bus would not be bad if it weren't for the complete mess that the Morchit central bus station area is in and I think now they don't take you any further  than Rangsit, so your taxi fare into Bangkok plus 1,000 baht for the bus ticket must now put you into range of what it costs to fly Air Asia from up country. But I don't know I haven't taken the bus to Bangkok in about 4-5 years.

Airasia is almost always late for international flights. The fare is the only good thing about Airasia.

For domestic flight, I would think Nok Air is better if you don't mind the higher air ticket.

Are you non-vaccinated? For international flight, they do check your vax cert upon arrival, not sure about domestic.

9 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Incorrect, majority of the time I found their prices lower then direct. Never had an issue with those sites. 

Thats not true. They would lose money. AA is never cheaper with 3rd parties.

You must be talking about full service airlines which have bigger margins and mark ups.

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Airasia is almost always late for international flights. The fare is the only good thing about Airasia.

For domestic flight, I would think Nok Air is better if you don't mind the higher air ticket.

Are you non-vaccinated? For international flight, they do check your vax cert upon arrival, not sure about domestic.

They stopped checking vaccines a few weeks back.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

AA follows country rules on covid. Each country can have different rules.

• Like 2

Just now, Gilligan In Drag said:

If anyone else has any experience with Air Asia asking for your COVID papers or not asking for them, I'd love to hear about it and where and when, especially if it was out of Roi Et in the last month or so. Thanks.

The rules have changed. 1 month ago is different to now. No issues in Isaan, CM or Singapore.

What more do you want? Its pretty easy to take a screenshot of papers anyway.

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

The rules have changed. 1 month ago is different to now. No issues in Isaan, CM or Singapore.

What more do you want? Its pretty easy to take a screenshot of papers anyway.

I don't understand your reply here though thank you for your info that you personally weren't asked for your covid details when you checked in or stepped onto the plane in a particular airport in Thailand going to another airport in Thailand I assume. Anyway thats what I am trying to find out about: what are the rules regarding Air Asia Thailand's domestic flights.

The rules have changed? What rules? Air Asia"s rules, Thailands rules? Thats what I'm asking about, what are the rules and most importantly what are Air asia's rules? Do you know where I can read them myself? Or have you not seen them and you are assuming that some rules or other have changed? It doesn't ultimately matter what the Thai govt rules are, though Air Asia has tried to pass the buck and say, "Well whatever the rules are in your country, you'd better know what they are because we are not responsible for any problems you might have once you push the I agree button and give us your money.

The main thing is how does it come out in the wash, ie when you step up to check in or get on the plane does Air Asia ask you for your COVID info, does that determine whether you are allowed to get on the plane or not in the case of a domestic flight?

What more do I want? Thats all I've said it. You gave me an answer, thank you very much for that. You're done theres nothing more I want from you. If you don't mind I'm interested and hoping to hear what others have to say. It may be that some people have been asked to prove that they are COVID free to get on an AA plane. It may be that 3,4,5 others on here, like you, were not asked.

Its easy to take a screenshot of papers? Well what if those papers say that I am positive for COVID? Then oh darn, I won't be able to use my ticket, will I? No, I'm not willing to pay for a ticket and only maybe I can use it.

Edited by Gilligan In Drag
elaboration needed

With respect to Nok Air's website, I tried just yesterday to fill in some dates and got the same non-working situation the OP mentions.  I'm guessing it's a temporary problem as I know it was working a week or two ago.  OP, try again (maybe they've fixed it).

For several years now I have been going to my local airport and booking flights at the relevant airline desk.  90% of the time it has cost me less than the advertised price on their website. The friendly staff are always happy to answer any questions that you have.

Why not do that?  

PS. I took an AA flight 10 days ago and there was NO mention of vaccinations. However, masks are required during the flight and in the airport.

9 hours ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

I used to fly Air Asia from Roi Et to Bangkok pre-COVID19, and need to get to Bangkok now via that route, but put off by the utter lack of information

on the website

It took me about 10 seconds to find this, so I have no idea what you're talking about:
https://www.airasia.com/flights/search/?origin=KKC&destination=DMK&departDate=27/09/2022&tripType=O&adult=1&child=0&infant=0&locale=en-gb&currency=THB&airlineProfile=dotrez,kiwi,goquo&type=paired&cabinClass=economy&upsellWidget=true&uce=false

I flew with AA recently and no Covid docs were needed. I'd avoid Nok Air at all costs. They often seem to cancel flights so i gave up on them. But if you want to try them as their website is a nice canary yellow, then go ahead.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

If anyone else has any experience with Air Asia asking for your COVID papers or not asking for them, I'd love to hear about it and where and when, especially if it was out of Roi Et in the last month or so. Thanks.

Flew from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on the 5th Sept, no vaccination certificate required .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Flew from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on the 5th Sept, no vaccination certificate required .

Same, AA HKT to CM Sep 16, no covid questions and many without mask.

OP, about your issue with the Nok Air web site, did you try using a different browser?

6 hours ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

I don't understand your reply here though thank you for your info that you personally weren't asked for your covid details when you checked in or stepped onto the plane in a particular airport in Thailand going to another airport in Thailand I assume. Anyway thats what I am trying to find out about: what are the rules regarding Air Asia Thailand's domestic flights.

The rules have changed? What rules? Air Asia"s rules, Thailands rules? Thats what I'm asking about, what are the rules and most importantly what are Air asia's rules? Do you know where I can read them myself? Or have you not seen them and you are assuming that some rules or other have changed? It doesn't ultimately matter what the Thai govt rules are, though Air Asia has tried to pass the buck and say, "Well whatever the rules are in your country, you'd better know what they are because we are not responsible for any problems you might have once you push the I agree button and give us your money.

The main thing is how does it come out in the wash, ie when you step up to check in or get on the plane does Air Asia ask you for your COVID info, does that determine whether you are allowed to get on the plane or not in the case of a domestic flight?

What more do I want? Thats all I've said it. You gave me an answer, thank you very much for that. You're done theres nothing more I want from you. If you don't mind I'm interested and hoping to hear what others have to say. It may be that some people have been asked to prove that they are COVID free to get on an AA plane. It may be that 3,4,5 others on here, like you, were not asked.

Its easy to take a screenshot of papers? Well what if those papers say that I am positive for COVID? Then oh darn, I won't be able to use my ticket, will I? No, I'm not willing to pay for a ticket and only maybe I can use it.

Thai rules have changed. They make rules not AA.

Screenshot your 2nd covid vaccine. No covid test required.

I answered your question several times. Flew local and international.

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Thats not true. They would lose money. AA is never cheaper with 3rd parties.

You must be talking about full service airlines which have bigger margins and mark ups.

I've occasionally found cheaper through third parties in the past. That is only if you want the basic fare though. If you want extra luggage or any extra to your flight the third parties become more expensive. 

I am a Member of Air ASIA, I have an Air ASIA debit card from BKK bank.

I get vouchers for red seat, baggage allowances and free drinks, depending on how much I use their card. It’s actually issued by BKK Bank.

I have never had a problem, except you have to be careful booking online as some of their boxes are pre-ticked, so you have to ‘ untick’ them or you get charged for Insurance etc etc

Any problems that I have with Airlines, I use my Twitter account to contact them. I get a swift reply and usually the problem is solved. 
I have a voucher from Qatar Airways which expires in December 2023, and trying to sort it out this way. Every time I try to book acUK flight, I get a reply that the voucher exceeds the amount. When I try to book for my partner as well, the response is that the voucher value is insufficient! They have given me a link to follow!

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What you save 100 baht?

Something like that. When they have their lowest fares I've never found cheaper elsewhere, but when the prices go up closer to the flight time I have. May was the last flight for me when I found it cheaper to fly to Phuket through Expedia than the air Asia website.