Retirement Visa 800K to 65K a month

I have been reading through all the posts in the forum regarding retirement visas and have a question about the fund's aspect of the process. When I make the initial application, it seems easier to deposit the 800k in a Thai bank account, rather than sending 65k a month for 12 months previous to submitting the initial application. Once I have the retirement visa, can I then start transferring 65k a month and then withdraw the 800k after I have 12 x 65k transfers. Reason I ask is I don't want 800k sitting in a bank account getting hardly any interest when inflation is soaring. 

If you used the 800k baht in the bank option for your current extension you will still need to show proof you kept the 800k baht for the 3 months after the day you applied and then 400k baht to the day you apply for a new one using the 65k baht transfer option.

• Like 1

So if I applied at an Immigration office that didn't allow the combination of bank balance and bank transfers (I read on the forum that someone made 12 x 50k bank transfers + kept a balance of 200k in their Thia Bank Account) When I applied for my extension, (12 months after my initial application for the retirement visa. I would need to have 1,180,00 bhat in my account, 400K + 12 x 65K transfers. Is this correct?

21 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

So if I applied at an Immigration office that didn't allow the combination of bank balance and bank transfers (I read on the forum that someone made 12 x 50k bank transfers + kept a balance of 200k in their Thia Bank

You should check with your local immigration office to confirm they will accept the combination option. If not sure about what they will accept it  it would be best to meet the normal requirements by having 800k baht in the bank for 2 months

21 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

When I applied for my extension, (12 months after my initial application for the retirement visa. I would need to have 1,180,00 bhat in my account, 400K + 12 x 65K transfers. Is this correct?

Too use the combination option you would need to have 400k baht (first extension only and then 200k baht for the next one)t in the bank and proof of transfers of at least 50k baht for 12 months. You do not need to keep the 50k baht transfers in the bank.

• Like 1