Credit Card Payments

I have a restaurant here and I want to be able to accept credit card payements, both TOT and TT&T have told me that the exchange is full and that I have to wait until someone drops their number for me to get one.

So without a phone line I cant get a PDQ machine, is there any alternative to this:

Credit card payments through the internet (I have a Catnet wireless phone)

Wireless machines

Any other methods?

Is there somebody out there who has any experience on this subject matter or any advice for me?

Kind thanks in advance

I know there are credit card readers using the gsm network, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Thailand (small antenna).

This would be one example:

http://www.merchantexpress.com/wireless_cr...rd_terminal.htm

The reader I have at our place needs a phoneline, just like most of them...

I'm not sure an on-line credit card gateway would work for you, don't think your customers would appreciate you asking card number, cvv, expiry date and their address :o

I know there are credit card readers using the gsm network, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Thailand (small antenna).

This would be one example:

http://www.merchantexpress.com/wireless_cr...rd_terminal.htm

The reader I have at our place needs a phoneline, just like most of them...

I'm not sure an on-line credit card gateway would work for you, don't think your customers would appreciate you asking card number, cvv, expiry date and their address :o

Thanks for that Monty, I have seen them too but not sure who/where sells them in the land of smiles.

Can't you get the old fashioned manual machine where you put the card and slip in which will record the data on the slip. You then need to telephone and get the approval code. But you can do that on a mobile phone. You could do that until you get a phone line for the terminal. Normally the banks provide both manual machine and terminal, you can get both. The manual is used a lot by businesses that go out to their customers rather than the customers coming into their office/shop.

Can't you get the old fashioned manual machine where you put the card and slip in which will record the data on the slip. You then need to telephone and get the approval code. But you can do that on a mobile phone. You could do that until you get a phone line for the terminal. Normally the banks provide both manual machine and terminal, you can get both. The manual is used a lot by businesses that go out to their customers rather than the customers coming into their office/shop.

Thats an excellent idea, Bangkok Bank in the morning then. I have managed to get hold of a TOT application form that will at least put us on a waiting list for a land line.

Many Thanks

Thats an excellent idea, Bangkok Bank in the morning then. I have managed to get hold of a TOT application form that will at least put us on a waiting list for a land line.

Many Thanks

I call them the "clunk clunk" credit card machine. When friends from abroad see them, they think I have fished it out of an antiques shop!

Many Thanks

I call them the "clunk clunk" credit card machine. When friends from abroad see them, they think I have fished it out of an antiques shop!

Bangkok Bank call them "Zip Zap" and they are about to discontinue them due to security fears!? But they have said we can apply 4-6 weeks for a decision whilst we wait for an electronic one.

So Siam City Bank, who have said two weeks for an electronic one that we can plug into the Catnet wireless phone, so will wait to see.

Bangkok Bank also said that they are replacing the "zip zap" "clunk clunk" with wireless machines!!