Any recommendations for some marijuana with just a little THC to take edge off anxiety.

watgate

I used marijuana as a young adult and found it intensified my neurosis and exacerbated my anxiety issues. After the initial anxiety ordeal I was very relaxed. I would like to try and find some medical marijuana that has just a small amount of THC to see if it will help my anxiety issue. I have tried CBD but it did nothing for me, as well as a couple of teas infused with marijuana which didn't do anything either to relieve my anxiety. Are their any marijuana products for sale that only have a small amount of THC in it, and if so, where can I purchase it, either online or at a store?  Thanks for any advice.

It's best to make your own canna butter/oil and use sparingly on your preferred baked goods, or a smoothie. 

Teas are useless, cannabis needs to be decarboxilated (heated) then infused into oil/fat to activate and ingest THC. 

Plenty easy recipes online, or your dispensary might help if they're any good. 

Technically it's illegal to make anything over 0.3% THC (good luck actually measuring that!) but edibles are healthier than inhalation, and they last longer, by several hours, and they're generally smoother, gentler, highs especially taken sparingly. 

Too much can increase anxiety, so you'll not need much product, and dose only at mealtimes.  

Edited by chalawaan
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you are growing -

Take 10 - 15 hand sized leaves off your plants - vary amount for strength required.

Boil 2 cups worth of water with ½ cup milk added.

Add leaves - stir and simmer for 15 minutes. 

Use as is, or flavour how you like.

Good for two rounds usually - take out 1 cup of brew - add more liquid and boil / simmer again.

Happy days - or at least a few hours.

Edited by Pla Simon

I can't imagine THC helping at all with anxiety, but people do report such success. Seems like it might mask the symptoms rather than address the underlying issue?

Have you been diagnosed with GAD? How have you treated this anxiety previously?

You can do your own research the internet - I'd recommend that.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, chalawaan said:

It's best to make your own canna butter/oil and use sparingly on your preferred baked goods, or a smoothie. 

Teas are useless, cannabis needs to be decarboxilated (heated) then infused into oil/fat to activate and ingest THC. 

Plenty easy recipes online, or your dispensary might help if they're any good. 

Technically it's illegal to make anything over 0.3% THC (good luck actually measuring that!) but edibles are healthier than inhalation, and they last longer, by several hours, and they're generally smoother, gentler, highs especially taken sparingly. 

Too much can increase anxiety, so you'll not need much product, and dose only at mealtimes.  

Good advice, remember edibles are 'creepers' and can take up to a couple of hours to come into play ( in my experience )

• 3 weeks later...

Some people respond bad to cannabis. A friend of mine gets really fearful when taking it. My experience is that cannabis usually enhances feelings. I would not recommend it if you have problems like this. 

That is just my opinion other people might think otherwise.

I usually respond good to it as im usually happy, but in times of stress if noticed it making things worse. 

But just try and like so many said take less and you have less THC.

This comes to Indica Vs sativa. I have generalized anxiety disorder and find a Indica dominant hybrid or a straight Indica really helpful for anxiety. Sativa can make it much worse, however sativa can really help when I'm depressed and not necessarily anxious. Try a few Indica strains and see what works. Sits like Leafy will provide information on the likely effects of many strains. 

• Confused 1