Growing for wholesale. (cultivation)

moon47

I am wondering what the requirements are to register for a license to grow on our plot of land to wholesale to retail shops?

I realize that the laws regarding this are muddy at best. All I want to do is have the wife apply for a license for now.

I have read similar posts to the below:

http://www.channelweedthailand.com/2022/07/27/thailand-launched-new-certificate-for-cannabis-seller/?fbclid=IwAR2Qg2rQ6QfcgRHqU6l1tRmb5iDgX6YVzPM7JlbuKrl6xXxZgi1TRTHGrsc

That seems to be for research, retail sales, or export license. What are the rules to register for cultivation?

Again I do not expect to start growing until there are proper laws in place but want to get started with licensing.

I thought I read somewhere that 7 people from different households need to apply together to get cultivation licensing.

Any constructive help or a point in the correct direction is appreciated. =]

M

How big an operation are you planning?

Draft legislation suggests up to 15 plants for home growers.

Anything bigger than that requires the formation of a "Community Enterprise" or an "Agricultural Cooperative". Local sub- and district government offices shhould be able to advise you.

I've seen this hotline number mentioned in quite a few articles: 1174. Perhaps your wife could do the initial research.

Many complain about this process - not personal growing - and the costs/capital required. Obviously you're well behind the initial land rush.

Thats what I thought. Conflicting info at best. =]

bamnutsak I will ask our head man when we go back to the country and look into the "Community Enterprise" or an "Agricultural Cooperative" avenue. That sounds more in line with what I read before.

Smallest land plot to work with would be ~1/2 Rai so a few more than 15 plants.

Pla Simon I will have one/some of them apply as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in doing this exact thing. My Thia friend has doen a bit of research and says you need a dfferent license to sell. Any verification on that. Also what type of growing is mostly done. I have experience with high quality hydr and want to produce using augmented sunlight with a full hydro systme and clones using american strains. From what i hear the quality is still a bit lacking. When i lived there i got some good bud, but most was dirt weed. How is it now? (have not been over in 5 yr) Another thing I saw on the business forum was that if your sale (business in general) was low you did not need it registered because you did not need to pay tax. Any clarification on that? Thanks for any info. Im hoping to get back over to the thai wife and my house in a few weeks to get things going.

52 minutes ago, bassep said:

I am interested in doing this exact thing. My Thia friend has doen a bit of research and says you need a dfferent license to sell. Any verification on that. Also what type of growing is mostly done. I have experience with high quality hydr and want to produce using augmented sunlight with a full hydro systme and clones using american strains. From what i hear the quality is still a bit lacking. When i lived there i got some good bud, but most was dirt weed. How is it now? (have not been over in 5 yr) Another thing I saw on the business forum was that if your sale (business in general) was low you did not need it registered because you did not need to pay tax. Any clarification on that? Thanks for any info. Im hoping to get back over to the thai wife and my house in a few weeks to get things going.

My western plants all burn in the hot sun.

If I put them outside, it has to be in the shade or partial shade.

My Thai plants seem to have no problems in full sunlight.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Yes i have heard of that. For sure the tropical sun is very bright. where they started indoors then moved outside? Did you harden them off at all. Or where they outdoors from the start. I think shade cloth would be needed if they cannot be acclimated to the brightness. When i grew indoors I had 1400 watts of HPS and Halide only about 6" from leaves with no problem. Maybe we just need to develop some tropical sun tolerant Indica strains !!

On 10/19/2022 at 2:15 AM, bassep said:

Maybe we just need to develop some tropical sun tolerant Indica strains !!

I think there should be many Indicas that can handle the heat and sun, I think the Afghan Kush would be fine and there should be others. Now is the dry season and less hot, run them at 18/6, move them outside and you will do much better than with lights.

There will be no shortage of strains, but they'll probably be different to what you grew back home. They should only need shade cloth for a few days, best is to move them out during overcast weather.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, bassep said:

When i lived there i got some good bud, but most was dirt weed. How is it now?

There's all kinds of decent quality foreign bud for sale now. I've got the same idea as you.

I'm moving out to our land next week to start growing with American seeds and hopefully

down the line I'll be getting some unique UK strains from another friend.

On 10/19/2022 at 2:15 AM, bassep said:

For sure the tropical sun is very bright

I just planted these out yesterday. I didn't plan to do it like this but I had no choice in the end.

I think the setting was off on the gopro but you can see how bright the sun was and I'm glad I stuck them in the long grass for some shade.

Quite happy that they made it through the first night without being eaten by snails.

2022 10 2000001.jpg

2022 10 2000002.jpg

On 10/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, bassep said:

I am interested in doing this exact thing. My Thia friend has doen a bit of research and says you need a dfferent license to sell. Any verification on that.

That is correct. You need a separate license to sell. Has to be in a Thai individual or Thai company name only. Foreigners and foreign owned companies cannot apply.

The license ONLY covers a particular part of the plant, i.e. if you get a license to sell seeds you can't legally sell flower etc. Licenses to sell flower are getting harder and harder to obtain too. 

My gf has just received the licenses she applied including for flower but there have been people waiting 6 months or more and heard nothing. 

Licenses are not cheap either, I think a single license to sell flower was upwards of 23,000thb and you will probably need to pay additional backhanders to move your application along.

They will send an inspector round to check your grow to ensure it is at home where your Thai partner registered. If you are growing commercially on a farm or facility as an actual business then there's a lot more paperwork, hassle and money involved.

• Thumbs Up 1