Pattaya Classic Car Club

GypsyT

There are some unique and cool Classic cars in Thailand and Pattaya. Very expensive too, thanks to 3-400% (?) tax.

When I return I have to go weekly meetings at German restaurant.

I used to have many in the US and built nice business out of my hobby.

Anyone have the same "sickness"?

https://www.classic-car-friends-pattaya.com/events-2022.html

Yes - looks like it's higher ????

"A brand new Porsche Cayenne Turbo costs ฿16,950,000 ($520,000)! I'm not looking to buy a Porsche, but that price is outrageous! The poster didn't put an extra zero at all. Additionally, a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo cost ฿21.5million ($664,000) in Thailand.

As a comparison, a brand new Porsche Cayenne Turbo in the United States costs $110,400 (฿3.6million). Also a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo cost $180,000 (฿2.8million) in the US.

So the Porsche in Thailand is about FIVE times as expensive as the one in the United States, and the Lambo is 3.5 times as expensive. So the price of a Porsche in Bangkok is equivalent to THREE Lambo in Las Vegas...go figure."

Above was written by well-off Thai student living in the US and thinking bringing one back to Thailand.. I'm sure the kid knows what he's talking about.

Not arguing with anyone but just curious why imported cars are so expensive in Thailand. Is hi tax to protect those who already have them?

Same with condos; 51% are empty thanks to stupid quota rule. Let anyone buy. That would lower the price and monthly fees to all.