Returning to Thailand and staying in a hotel for initial 5 days

I have retirement visa and am returning to Thailand and staying in a hotel in Udonthani for initial 5 days before staying in my usual rented apartment, also in Udonthani

will I have to report to Immigration immediately or will the hotel automatically report for me so I will only have to report myself when I occupy my rented apartment?

many thanks in advance for all replies and apologise if this is a repeat topic

Yes, as @DrJack54 says, if you are staying in Thailand based on retirement-extension-of-stay and has a re-entry permit, you don't need to do anything; it was changed two years ago, so your initial TM30 is still valid, if you haven't moved. Staying temporary in a hotel is no problem, but remember to confirm your TM30-registered address when it's time in the 90-day system, and also insert your last entry, so the system updates, as the TM6 entry form is not used at the moment...????

1 hour ago, Tosseroon said:

ive never done an online 90 day report so will pop into Immigration when convenient and get update on any other changes

I suggest that you try to use online reporting in the future.

Here is link. You need to register and it's a vastly improved option.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add 

And after staying in the hotel, you go back to your house or apartment.

All you have to do is to fill out the TM 47 form online within 24 hours, right? No need for TM 30 (I think the TM 47 is just to re-confirm your TM 30 registration)?

Edited by RamenRaven

6 minutes ago, RamenRaven said:

All you have to do is to fill out the TM 47 form online within 24 hours, right? No need for TM 30 (I think the TM 47 is just to re-confirm your TM 30 registration)?

A TM47 form is not needed unless a 90 day report is due. His next report is not due until he has stayed for 90 days after entering the country.

A TM30 form is not needed unless you enter with a new visa.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

A TM47 form is not needed unless a 90 day report is due. His next report is not due until he has stayed for 90 days after entering the country.

A TM30 form is not needed unless you enter with a new visa.

So say I'm on a Thai marriage visa, decide to go on a 2-week trip abroad, and fly back into Thailand.

No need for me to do anything if my 90-day report is not due? I thought you had to report your address within 24 hours every time you come back from traveling.

Sorry for the repetitive question, but I haven't traveled abroad in years due to the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, RamenRaven said:

No need for me to do anything if my 90-day report is not due?  I thought you had to report your address within 24 hours every time you come back from traveling.

Correct. Do nothing.

The 24 report was done away with for reentry with reentry permit and same  visa 

Also your 90 day report will reset count starting from reentry date

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RamenRaven said:

No need for me to do anything if my 90-day report is not due? I thought you had to report your address within 24 hours every time you come back from traveling.

No need for a TM30 report anymore unless you enter with a new visa or change addresses since the regulation was changed in June of 2020.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct. Do nothing.

The 24 report was done away with for reentry with reentry permit and same  visa 

Also your 90 day report will reset count starting from reentry date

When did Thai immigration get rid of the requirement for having to report your address within 24 hours every time you come back to your house, even if it was just a short trip to a hotel in Bangkok, or if you had a re-entry permit? That's news to me.