Roojai Customer Service

seedy

No experience but their reviews on google are dubious. Maybe 30 consecutive 5 star reviews with the reviewer having 1 review in their activity. Some deep dive style bad reviews although reactive english responses from them.

Got a quote from them 2 months ago a lot less than axa. Too good to be true was my first thought. Interesting thread, right on time. 

• Like 1

I have renewed with them for the 3rd year not experienced any  claim my wife dealt with them initially as the trucks in her name.

Hope I don't have a claim only insure in case i do. ????

I pay 864 over 10months which includes CTPL. 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:09 AM, rankric said:

No experience but their reviews on google are dubious. ...

Based on the premise that only bad news sells, if their claims service for at-fault or otherwise was bad, we would all know about it. If their posted reviews were fake, we would also know all about it.

Now on my 5th year of cheap, claim-free Class 1 coverage with roojai. When I first signed on, their 9000 baht premium was a no-brainer versus the 16000 best offer from AXA who I had been with for the previous 4 years. Loving the 50% NCB as well. I know five people who also insure with them and we don't even talk about insurance (see "bad news sells" comment above)..

• Like 1

Still no one posted who actually HAD a claim with them, and the outcome.

Seems strange that many sing their praises - yet no one has any experience with their claims dept.

Got 4 or 5 quotes from different insurers and Roojai always 1/2 of all the rest. Makes you wonder ... Hence the topic

Been with Tokio Marine for years. Had 2 claims so far - 1 not my fault and one which cops found 50/50 - 555 - I was at a complete stop and off the road !

Excellent service !

First one got sideswiped on my HD by the worlds oldest Vigo. 8 people in it. Broke the shifter off with my foot, transferred paint from the pickup to the fuel tank but did not dent it - that is close !!! 555

Second was two 13 year old girls on a Fino. No helmets. no insurance, no plate, no ... Cops wanted 1000 baht per girl for - I guess - pain and suffering !!! 555

• Thanks 2

I guess not a claim as such.

We have roadside assistance with them as well.

Got a message on the instrument panel there was a problem with the gearbox and not to drive.

The wife phoned them about a tow and they said said a platform truck would be better.

One came within an hour and took it to the dealership.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, seedy said:

Still no one posted who actually HAD a claim with them, and the outcome.

Seems strange that many sing their praises - yet no one has any experience with their claims dept.

Got 4 or 5 quotes from different insurers and Roojai always 1/2 of all the rest. Makes you wonder ... Hence the topic

Been with Tokio Marine for years. Had 2 claims so far - 1 not my fault and one which cops found 50/50 - 555 - I was at a complete stop and off the road !

Excellent service !

First one got sideswiped on my HD by the worlds oldest Vigo. 8 people in it. Broke the shifter off with my foot, transferred paint from the pickup to the fuel tank but did not dent it - that is close !!! 555

Second was two 13 year old girls on a Fino. No helmets. no insurance, no plate, no ... Cops wanted 1000 baht per girl for - I guess - pain and suffering !!! 555

Still can't get your head around the basic premise that you only hear about instances of being ripped off and being shafted by insurance companies rather than the good experiences?

If you haven't heard about anyone being ripped off or being shafted by roojai, I would consider that there's a good chance that anyone unfortunate to have made a claim, at-fault or otherwise, hasn't been ripped off or shafted by roojai.

They are an insurance broker that operate online without expensive air conditioned offices full of pleasantly plump ladies shuffling paperwork around and keeping Thailand Post busy. That's probably key to their being cheaper than the traditional insurance companies? My experience with the online quote, application and payment was maybe a 45-minute job done from my desktop. The last online renewal was done in my underwear while having my morning toast and coffee. It took maybe about three bites of toast to complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Still can't get your head around the basic premise that you only hear about instances of being ripped off and being shafted by insurance companies rather than the good experiences?

So ... you never had a claim with them then ?

Can't - or won't - get your head around the opening post in this thread ?

On 10/4/2022 at 12:16 PM, Kwasaki said:

I have renewed with them for the 3rd year not experienced any  claim my wife dealt with them initially as the trucks in her name.

Hope I don't have a claim only insure in case i do. ????

I pay 864 over 10months which includes CTPL. 

For what make/size of truck is that please? I take it you mean Bht 864 per month.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

For what make/size of truck is that please? I take it you mean Bht 864 per month.

2017 Isuzu 1•9 smartcab.

Yes 10 monthly payments @ 864 baht.

Handly and easy to manage.

I forgot to mention that it's business insurance we had to have to cover items carried in the truck Utes rear back tray.

It doesn't cover people in the back tray or animals.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/6/2022 at 7:10 AM, seedy said:

Seems standard. My neice collided with a girl on a moto who was undertaking whilst she was making a left turn in her car. The policeman who attended happened to be a family friend. He ordered my neice to pay the girls hospital bill (we were never sent/given one hence didn't pay), repairs to moto and compensation for light injuries (scrapes and bruises) of 1,000 baht. No action was taken about lack of driving licence(s).

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They are an insurance broker that operate online without expensive air conditioned offices full of pleasantly plump ladies shuffling paperwork around and keeping Thailand Post busy. That's probably key to their being cheaper than the traditional insurance companies? My experience with the online quote, application and payment was maybe a 45-minute job done from my desktop. The last online renewal was done in my underwear while having my morning toast and coffee. It took maybe about three bites of toast to complete.

Good and helpful info. Many thanks!

9 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Seems standard.

No action was taken about lack of driving licence(s).

My experience too.

First accident on my HD there was a hue and cry to bend the foreigner over.

After about 10 minutes a Thai guy who was riding with us appeared on his bike, with his wife in the Pajero. He was at that time a police colonel.

All bickering ceased and I was on my way.

Hard to shift with the 1" stub of a shifter tho' 555

• Love It 1

On 10/7/2022 at 6:43 AM, seedy said:

So ... you never had a claim with them then ?

Can't - or won't - get your head around the opening post in this thread ?

Good luck to you and @rankric on your search to justify your shared "to good to be true" vibe. I still reckon that if any forum member had a bad experience with roojai, your question would have been blown up the motor forum ages ago.

Yes, no claims beyond the excellent roadside assist a couple of times.

I've been driving here since 1979 and only had one prang with a Hertz rental when I was new and inexperienced. You still seem to be on a learning curve in that regard but there's nothing to stop you trying roojai yourself. Looking at the statistics, maybe that will deliver the answer you seek a lot faster that ruminating here?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 11:34 AM, seedy said:

Anyone have first hand experience with the service provided after an accident - at fault or not ?

Yes.

In their defence the claim was somewhat unusual and initially I wasn't sure if I would be recompensed despite them saying yes I was covered.

However the claims process for me was very drawn out affair with several different Roojai staff (or who acted for them) involved and continual reminders from me or my gf. Eventually I was fully reimbursed after about 2-3 months.

Even though more expensive (2k baht) I have gone back to Axa when I renewed earlier this month. Their claims process was much more straightforward plus there is a very local office and the broker I use has a good relationship with them.  

15 hours ago, topt said:

Yes.

In their defence the claim was somewhat unusual and initially I wasn't sure if I would be recompensed despite them saying yes I was covered.

However the claims process for me was very drawn out affair with several different Roojai staff (or who acted for them) involved and continual reminders from me or my gf. Eventually I was fully reimbursed after about 2-3 months.

Even though more expensive (2k baht) I have gone back to Axa when I renewed earlier this month. Their claims process was much more straightforward plus there is a very local office and the broker I use has a good relationship with them.  

Excellent. Someone with first hand experience with roojai.

Your 2-3 months to final resolution and the need to keep badgering for progress was my wife's experience with AXA after being t-boned by a pair of underaged, uninsured and unlicensed red-light runners on a scooter. From what I have read, if nobody's hurt and if both parties have insurance and no third party has a dog in the fight, the police tend to vanish from the scene pretty quickly and the insurance resolution is a lot quicker.

Thanks to the OP for raising the question.

• Thanks 1

Another (valid) reason why Roojai offer low prices. Their PAI (Personal Accident Insurance) is only available until 65 years. Their cancer insurance until 60 for new customers, renewable until 65. Not saying that's unusual or wrong but indicates prudent 'cherry picking' in reducing their exposure to claims.