Father accidentally runs tractor over 2-year-old daughter, killing her, in Chonburi

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Bowin district, Chonburi — A Thai father accidentally ran a tractor over his 2-year-old daughter and crushed her to death in Chonburi.

Bowin police and rescue services rushed to an incident scene in the That Thong subdistrict of Bowin district in Chonburi after receiving a report about a 2-year-old girl who got crushed to death by a tractor yesterday, October 6th.

The girl suffered severe head injuries and lost her life on the spot. Her father, Mr. Sai Mon, 27, was found at the scene, mourning the loss of his young daughter.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/07/father-accidentally-runs-tractor-over-2-year-old-daughter-killing-her-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

gravity

I have a 15 week old son.  I have him explain this to me or no food!!!!!!!!!  

I want to feel bad for the dad and call it purely an accident, which it was, BUT he said he warned the child before..................yea, he lost my support there after saying that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Accepting blame for their own mistakes is something that Thais are not very good at.

They "accept" it in a very strange way, complete silence.   They KNOW something is off, and fingers are pointing to them, but the silence works because we are not in a county where people keep pressing for answers.   .

They break something of yours.  Sometimes you get the "Mai bpen rai."  Better than nothing.

Then comes the bigger issues:   They take your car and crash it.   Silence.   More silence after a few questions.   They think maybe it's the car's fault!!!  Then it might even be your fault!!!  Then silence.  More silence.

From experience, karma does work.  Last time a lady broke something of mine and acted like it was my fault, her phone broke and cost her 2000 baht.  

can't win here......impossible.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

He said he had already warned his daughter to stay away from the tractor before the tragedy happened.

Yes like a 2 year old takes instructions well with daddy on a tractor. Kids probably up there now lamenting being born to idiot parents

"Up there"??? 

Up Where?

Edited by Skeptic7

1 hour ago, Tug said:
2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s not an accident. It´s just bad parenting and ignorance.

I don’t know from reading the article looks to me that dad had to work to me it’s a horrible horrible accident I’m sure the father will grieve for the rest of his life it’s just a sad horrible accident rip little one I hope the family can find some peace and perhaps heal with time sad……

Just because he ‘didn’t want’ that to happen doesn’t mean its an accident... Its negligence... 

The father had warned the child, he knew the child was at risk yet continued rather than ensuring the area was safe.... total, utterly complete carelessness and negligence. 

I feel sorry for the poor feckless father, but he is wholly responsible for his ignorance of the risks he placed the child at. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tug said:

I don’t know from reading the article looks to me that dad had to work to me it’s a horrible horrible accident I’m sure the father will grieve for the rest of his life it’s just a sad horrible accident rip little one I hope the family can find some peace and perhaps heal with time sad……

Yes, of course! He had already told her, right? Are you serious?