Dell inspiron laptop

jonesthepost

I have had a problem with my laptop today. After using it  and then shutting down switch off, 3 hours later to use as soon as I pressed the power button  up came  hardware scan completed no issues then google chrome opened and also my battery was low. Is it normal for Dell to be able to run the scan while  laptop is shut down and power off. I did contact Dell help chat  but got no sense out of them, has any one  had the sae sort of problem

57 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

then shutting down switch off, 3 hours later to use as soon as I pressed the power button  up came  hardware scan completed no issues then google chrome opened and also my battery was low. Is it normal

Which means it wasnt off. Screen was off. A computer can't run scans without power. Can you run a tv with no power?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i would think it did not shut down completely, maybe even doing a operating system update, 

if it was off completely the laptop couldn't do anything ie scans etc 

That could well be the problem as I saw on a forum that it happens if the laptop is on sleep I could of clicked sleep by mistake being old that easy done  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

also my battery was low

I had issue with my Dell laptop and battery running down, it was USB port still providing power after shutdown. There's an option called PowerShare in the Bios which you can check to see if present in your model and if enabled or disabled.