AIS Internet on Top Up

Emeraldisle

I will be visiting Thailand for 17 days.

I have an AIS sim that I kept active by topping up occasionally.

Can anybody advise which is the best package.

Obviously, I do not require a recurring package. 

I am not familiar with the various options so any advice would be welcome

Thank you

AIS.jpg

Thank you CharlieH for your reply.

I did say that I am going for 17 days.  I would probably have stayed a little longer but flight prices on different dates more or less dictated length of stay. So yes, I will be returning to my home country.

I usually use it for internet access to book hotels,  domestic flights etc. Look at news channels and You Tube.  Also to make and receive calls. I would also like to be able to watch Netflix. 

I hope this explains what I want to do.

Thanks again

OP, is money tight ?  If not then go for the 10Mbps, unlimited data, 30 days 'Internet on-top' from AIS for 1100baht. I'm sure there are other packages for cheaper, maybe even other carriers but you have to get a new sim.

I have 6Mbps unlimited from AIS 'On Top' package. I use average 3GB per day. Not many packages are for 17 days so you may want to think about 30 day unlimited data and at least 6Mbps. I personally would go with AIS 'Unlimited Internet' a 6Mbps for 850 baht and expect stuttering from 6pm to 9pm (lots of surfers at that time of day). If you don't mind the extra 250 baht then , heck, go for the 10Mbps at 1100 baht. 

I'm sure there are better deals , especially if you can go with a new sim. You can even do 7 days twice and 1 day 3 times to get AIS cheaper.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

Thank you CharlieH for your reply.

I did say that I am going for 17 days.  I would probably have stayed a little longer but flight prices on different dates more or less dictated length of stay. So yes, I will be returning to my home country.

I usually use it for internet access to book hotels,  domestic flights etc. Look at news channels and You Tube.  Also to make and receive calls. I would also like to be able to watch Netflix. 

I hope this explains what I want to do.

Thanks again

The reason I asked about "returning"  was returning again to Thailand, as an annual sim may have been better.  Faster, more data, and free calls etc at 1500bt 

Buts not really worth it if you are not returning to Thailand within the year to get more use out of it.

Go with the above suggestion from IAMHERE if its just 17 days and finished.

Go for one of the offers under the Unlimited tab. 

Last month I got 30 days unlimited at max speed for only 150thb (special offer). 

This month I took the 1mbps speed option for unlimited data for 375thb (350 plus vat) 

I can still stream YouTube and send video messages without the ring of death ????????