Best place to buy gold in BKK

OzMan

Better ones might be able to waive their commission or 'block charge' for bullions if you buy over a certain amount from them (>20 baht weight 'standard bullions' weight)

non Thai gold coins are available too if you intend to sell them overseas but you need to ask in advance

• Like 1

Consider buying shares in safe established gold-mining, you'll get a better return. Try Western Mining in W.A. Australia as one example of a great investment in Oz.

Some ingots too are an idea as solid in-hand wealth.

I bought shares with Western Mining, and a portfolio of other gold mining companies in Australia spanning as far back with my initial shares some 20 years and have made superb profit on investment ... AND a very secure medium/long term investment they are. 

Remember if you do buy gold to get the purest ingots from the best producers you can as this affects the buying and resale price. 

As far as I am aware Thai gold due to its purity levels is not as lucrative (am willing to stand correction on this?) as gold from e.g. Canadian, South Africa, Australia. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, jimn said:

Nowhere. Gold is way too expensive for an investment. 18 months ago 1 baht gold was 18 baht now over 30 baht. Only way is down from here.

I think you mean 18,000 and 30,000 baht.

But to correct you, gold about 18 months ago was approx 24,000-25,000 baht.

Edited by couchpotato

9 hours ago, couchpotato said:

I think you mean 18,000 and 30,000 baht.

But to correct you, gold about 18 months ago was approx 24,000-25,000 baht.

Yes I did mean that and no I didnt check when it was last 18k, it was not that long ago. The main principle of my point still applies though.