ABA Therapy, Special education, autism support

Lilly K

Hello, 

I am a BCBA, LBA therapist that will be moving to Thailand over the next few months and I’m looking to get involved in the field of special needs/ autism/ special education. Are there clinics and schools that are looking for ABA support ? Are there jobs available? Any information would be great! 

Sadly, Thai families tend not to acknowledge their children have learning difficulties.

I taught in Thai schools for over 20 years. Many times I witnessed students struggling in their studies. I believe some were Autistic, some Dislexic and others mentally retarded.

I tried many times to get something done about it. These kids were left to study in regular classes. I asked if teachers could inform the parents of the issues but nothing ever happened. It was best if the school did not rock the boat.

There was one example where the father was an expat. He tried to explain that his son was not slow or lazy but was dislexic. The school teachers and the head basically laughed him out of the office.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

A few parents have mentioned ISB that has a center, which is seperate to their main school, St Andrews and NIST have more kind of support for children within the school snd Berkley used to have a dyslexia programme, maybe from their websites they may have more information for contact

• 9 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 12:44 AM, Lilly K said:

Hello, 

I am a BCBA, LBA therapist that will be moving to Thailand over the next few months and I’m looking to get involved in the field of special needs/ autism/ special education. Are there clinics and schools that are looking for ABA support ? Are there jobs available? Any information would be great! 

Hi Lilly K.,

I was wondering if you are still in Thailand? My son doesn’t have autism but Angelman Syndrome and I was wondering if ABA /BCBA would be beneficial for him. Thank you!

On 10/17/2022 at 12:44 AM, Lilly K said:

Hello, 

Medically, Thailand is 40 years behind the times. Your market base is very limited. Might be 'hard-times' on your earning potential. However, there is a lot of 'wealthy' locals here residing in BKK, perhaps even some with an open mind. Come out and do a 6-month research/study/evaluation of the marketplace. You are traversing 'new territory'.