Eye catching drone video shows progress of new Hua Hin train line – but will it be finished by year end target?

webfact

image.jpeg

Image: Mike's Tropical Tech

By Online Reporter

A new video shows the progress of the work on the dual track train that is currently being constructed in Hua Hin.

The drone footage is the latest video from Mike’s Tropical Tech YouTube channel, which released monthly videos charting the construction of the new train line.

The video takes viewers from the train line at Soi 6, in the north of Hua Hin, through the centre of town and towards Nong Kae station, which is located next to the Vana Nava water park.

During the flight, the eye catching video gives viewers a unique perspective of the construction of key elements of the project, including the new Hua Hin train station, the elevated track, the new second ground level tracks and elevated traffic overpasses.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/eye-catching-drone-video-shows-progress-of-new-hua-hin-train-line-but-will-it-be-finished-by-year-end-target/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-10-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

That new station is massive. Does anyone know why Hua Hin deserves such a large station, and why is an elevated railway only going to Hua Hin.

Surely it's too close to Bkk to deserve a high speed passenger only track?

Normally, there has to be a cost benefit to construct such a massively expensive project, but knowing Hua Hin I fail to see what it may be.

Perhaps Hua Hin is to be a dormitory suburb of Bkk?

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That new station is massive. Does anyone know why Hua Hin deserves such a large station, and why is an elevated railway only going to Hua Hin.

Normally, there has to be a cost benefit to construct such a massively expensive project, but knowing Hua Hin I fail to see what it may be.

Haven't you heard, HH, starting point of all the millions of tourists coming to see the new Riviera.

The same down here PKK, new station is a huge, relative to need.  I guess it's a not a bad thing planning for the future growth.  

Can't see it myself, as there's not much of a draw for tourists, between Krung Thep and Surat Thani.  The Gulf isn't exactly beach holiday material.

High speed line when done, is going to need to be very inexpensive to motivate people to take that instead of a 1 hour flight.

Although I do like anything that competes with Bangkok Airways monopoly of Samui airport.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At the weekends, and public holidays it already is. The roads are crammed full of cars with Bangkok plates, and typical Bangkok drivers.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The drive from Hua Hin to Bangkok can be horrendous. The massive number of trucks on the road really slow down the drive. And the traffic in Samut Sakorn is terrible. I only make the drive through Samut past 9pm, or before 5am, or on Sundays. Thailand desperately needs alternative to the choked and over crowded highways, and is now paying the price for 70 years of regressive policy, and ignoring alternative means of moving cargo.  

Secondarily, if anyone ever gets their act together, Hua Hin could end up being a very practical regional hub for air traffic. It is currently one of the least utilized airports in the world, much less Thailand. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's called expansion plans...

Bangkok is not the centre of the universe.

Hua Hin can and will grow to become a fast link to the south.. via rail or air eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The current construction is to provide dual one metre gauge tracks and not so called 'high speed' This will reduce journey times by eliminating delays waitng on passing loops for trains passing from the opposite direction. The refurbished ex-Japan Railways locos and rolling stock will be used for passenger services. In due course, track will be upgraded to standard gauge (?) for 'high speed' trains and it is likely that the new HH station accommodates that plan. Given the economic downturn in far Cathay I should not expect more money from them and expansion will have to be funded by Thailand.

As an aside, Nong Gae station (barely a Halt) is nowhere near the stated waterpark.

• 2 weeks later...