You'll face jail if you spend wrongly transferred money, RTP tell Thais

webfact

Is that a real law or is it a RTP made law??? Some laws don't exists in reality but only by the policeforce... another way to gain money...

The police duty is to enforce laws, not to make them

Edited by ikke1959

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Is that a real law or is it a RTP made law??? Some laws don't exists in reality but only by the policeforce... another way to gain money...

Yep, would like to know when this law was enforced

if a banker accidentally hands you back more cash than expected police will do nothing to help, and the money is docked for the bankers  wages 

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

They only enforce the ones that make them money.  It's only a law if the police say it is - observe the helmetless motorbike riders speeding past cops who can't be arsed to do anything.

Strange that people are moaning about this. In many civilized countries you can't keep money that is deposited in your account wrongly. 

In this case though its IMHO more about money mules.

I find Thaivisa posters strange people bleating and moaning when they loose a small payment on Lazada to a scammer while here defending people who spend money that is not theirs. You can't have it both ways. Laws like this are usually meant to make sure money mules (if you don't know what those are educate yourself) liable so fraud is combatted.

If you want to be protected from fraud then you must also protect people who send money wrong and to have punishment against money mules.

People seem to hate banks and seem to think banks should always pay out. Strange. 

I hate scammers and people who keep wrongly deposited money are scammers too.

I get a notice when using Wise to transfer money to my Thai bank account every time about transferring amounts in excess of 50,000 baht to other the main banks.  SCB, K Bank are okay.  Never looked at the other banks on the list as my bank is in the first two.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Rules and regulations in this country are plenty, pity they're not followed nor heeded and impossible to enforce...

Agree I was I was told don't threaten with words if you cant or won't follow up with action .

In the 90's my bank in the US credited my account for $115,000 I am fairly sure I didn't put in. I'd remember than, ya think?

I sat on the money... didn't notify the bank. Their mistake, let them figure it out.

Around end of the month got notice they were withdrawing $115,000. No explanation, nothing

If there is a positive, they didn't take the interest that cash earned during the month. Not much, but > 0