AIS Fibre Mesh WiFi

fusion58

1 hour ago, ozfarang said:

That's the url you got to after clicking on the 'for current customers'

image.png.bdb4119bf0c987ca58c577da0935ea92.png

at the bottom of the page somchaismith posted above

Right. And clicking on the (right) button just takes you back to the login page; you’re never directed to any page that gives you the option to subscribe or upgrade to the Mesh WiFi service.

Edited by fusion58

3 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Right. And clicking on the (right) button just takes you back to the login page; you’re never directed to any page that gives you the option to subscribe or upgrade to the Mesh WiFi service.

Yes, another web page deigned by an IT illiterate web designer here in Thailand.

Congrats you've found another Thai web page that doesn't function as it should, it's a common problem here in Thailand.

Good luck in your endeavours to sign up to AIS Mesh WiFi

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow-up for anyone who's interested: No one from AIS was able to answer my questions re: their (advertised) mesh Wi-Fi service, but, lo and behold, a farang friend stepped up to educate me.

Seems like that's how I've always learned everything I've needed to know whilst living in Thailand, but I digress...

Bottom line, there's no need to change or upgrade your existing service plan if you're already an AIS Fibre customer. You need only purchase the mesh router system and then set it up yourself.

I decided to go with this package:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-x50/v1 (2-pack)/

Damages: Just under 6K THB on Lazada.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Just a follow-up for anyone who's interested: No one from AIS was able to answer my questions re: their (advertised) mesh Wi-Fi service, but, lo and behold, a farang friend stepped up to educate me.

Seems like that's how I've always learned everything I've needed to know whilst living in Thailand, but I digress...

Bottom line, there's no need to change or upgrade your existing service plan if you're already an AIS Fibre customer. You need only purchase the mesh router system and then set it up yourself.

I decided to go with this package:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-x50/v1 (2-pack)/

Damages: Just under 6K THB on Lazada.

Yes, I have 3x Deco M9

I was using a TP link router, but it kept on falling down and resetting itself with the number of smart home devices, not good when you were in a conference call.

I found the router (app) quite restrictive, it didn’t play well with my Pi-hole, and there was a limited amount of fixed ip addy you could assign, so I bought a unifi router, which is great and put the deco mesh into AP mode, and it’s been rock solid for about 3 years now, I keep on meaning to upgrade to unifi AP but there’s no real need. 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:19 PM, spidermike007 said:

I have Netgear routers and satellites set up in my house, and they work very well. 500mb speeds throughout the house on wifi.

This just appears to be a glorified router, with a fancy name. 

A mesh router essentially splits that one router into multiple access points. These points work in tandem with one another to create a larger network with more bandwidth. This way it can deliver a broader net of coverage than a typical router

A great solution for people who live in larger houses or condos with concrete walls, etc., and the usual accompanying dead spots.

• Thanks 1

You can switch your current AIS plan to the Mesh Wifi plan and get 2 units for free (ofc after your current plan is at least 12 months or so)

I switched (house 2 floors) and I am super happy with the upgrade. Netflix and Co. work now much better connected to the second mesh unit downstairs (upstairs is the main fiber cabel)

So for anyone who lives in a larger house checkout the latest Mesh AIS packages where you get the units included (for rent). The units also have no problems so far just reboot them every 5-7 days via 192.168.. or via the hardware button.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:19 PM, spidermike007 said:

I have Netgear routers and satellites set up in my house, and they work very well. 500mb speeds throughout the house on wifi.

This just appears to be a glorified router, with a fancy name. 

I would disagree slightly. I also invested into better Routers and Repeaters even bought a super expensive repeater for 12.000 THB or so... nothing really helped much.

Mesh Wifi seems really more stable. Was my last option and it worked well.

• Like 2

I too have a TP-Link Deco M9 Plus mesh wifi system.

It is coupled to a TOT supplied ZTE fiber optic router, so coupling a mesh wifi system to an AIS fiber router should not be a problem.

It works perfectly across all hubs, and as each port also has 2 x gigabit ethernet ports I can also hard wire my Android boxes to them for streaming purposes.

A mesh wifi seems to be a clever alternative to a house-wide hard-wired network solution.

Specifications can be found here.

image.png.e810c84646433c5e36c579c35be3efb8.png

yeah they work wonders no idea why to be honest. Seems to be a better technology than Repeaters.

For newcomers that don't have a mesh setup yet.. just check first with AIS or True if they offer a package with free (rentable) units. I paid 0 THB for my mesh devices with AIS and the package wasn't that much more expensive per month for 24 months. I think in 2-3 years it will be the standard if you living in a bigger apartment or house.