Seeking House To Rent Long Term Chiang Mai

Basso53

I am looking for a 1 story 3 bedroom house to rent in an area where my wife can easily access her work in Nong Hoi....she drives her own car. I do have a 12 yr old Jack X dog who arrived in CM recently and won't let me out of his sight probably due to his ordeal travelling from MEL to CM and this is currently leaving me house bound.

I go through the local rentals daily and now have an idea of areas good for my wife's travel but my ability to communicate with agents is limited because I can't speak Thai yet. It is hard to involve my wife during the week as she teaches at a private school so needs to do her job and when she gets home hardly has the energy to help. I do have accommodation in my wife's house which is situated in a Thai village not far from CM train station....while here I could never own a car as the Sois are too narrow...if so myself and dog could be mobile. And because of myself and dog being present we do need more space. If the advice is get a motor cycle forget it as at 69 yrs old not about to start now.

Okay long story short......anyone know any real estate agents who could assist?

Am I going about my search the wrong way?

Cheers, I am appealing to your local combined knowledge on the subject.

Brian.

The best way  is to hit the local market near where you wish to rent.

The local people know - here as anywhere else in the world - who has land and/or houses for sale/rent. Most not even listed.

If you have wheels go exploring, but seems this is not an option for you.

Real estate websites can also help - there are many.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Perfect Homes can help you ...

Google them....They speak English & their website allows search by cost & area....

The best way is to explore MuBaans with your wife & look at homes with signs then negotiate from there.....

BEWARE of farang real estate "brokers"....They will gladly rent you something for 25-30,000 a month that you can find for 9-14,000 by doing your own investigating.....

Just cruise the areas you like & call numbers found on signs.... Usually, the locals have their own (very) helpful network....

Set your budget & stick to it and you'll find what you want within a month or two.....

Perfect Homes will have an agent that speaks English drive you around....They don't squeeze you to make the sale.....And, they will stay at the high end of listings unless you either select from their website & have them show the listings you have picked out - or you just grind it out through all the showings until you find one.....

The locals pipeline / networking always worked best for us....You get that insider, neighborly input about area, traffic, markets, noise, people that casual outsiders don't have a grasp on.....

good advice--hope he follows it!

• Thanks 1

I have a beautiful new, fully furnished pool villa very near your wife's work... I am an American and my wife is Thai... so English and Thai spoken... am asking 60k/month plus utilities... ****Email removed, please use PM function to contact****

Edited by metisdead
19. You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names or social media addresses in posts or signatures.