Best Wireless CCTV setup for house

ThailandRyan

I have been looking to add a wireless CCTV system to my house, I need 4 Cameras and the receiving unit.  Looking for some advice on which units to purchase that will last without having to recharge the batteries every three months like the current units that had been installed by the former owner.  I have looked at a few set-ups and this one caught my eye but it only comes with 2 cameras. Does anybody have a wireless system that they use and can recommend.

image.png.55748a84f71bdad4665d94fc341c0a31.png

• Thanks 1

Good info and ideas here! Mrs bought a 4 camera home system without any knowledge or comparisons from the installer guy who has a shop across our street. It cost 12,000 including installation. HIKVision with wired connections for video and power supply (night vision cameras with no lights or sound) and hard drive recorder. Didn't take long before only one camera worked and that only intermittently. Apparently rats had chewed through the cables in the loft. Since had another 4 cameras added, this time HiLook with lights and sound. Only one of those has so far failed, I suspect for same reason. She then had another two cameras (WiFi this time although the power supplies are wired) installed at her shop. All 10 cameras are linked to the same HiLook account for remote viewing. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Went with a wired 6 camera system using Bullet Styled 5 MP IR HD cameras with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1 TB DVR.  Had the company I bought from install the system for me and out the door the total was 25k THB. I also had 2 motion detectors added for inside the house which we activate when we leave.  Great picture during the day and clear as can be at night time. For wiring they ran Cat 6 A cable.  The system also has audio as well.  Great app for the android phones as well and the DVR can be watched live or reviewed from the phones or on the Television.  Thank you guys who had advised me not to get a wireless system.