Airport Immigration Fast Track?

Pattaya Spotter

25 minutes ago, schlog said:

There are no normal fast track lanes at HKT. They have a VIP lane for APEC card, Elite card and airport VIP services. The later one you can book at Coral lounge or https://www.phuketairport.vip/.

Thanks...I'm flying biz so was just wondering. I imagine the crowds aren't so bad at HKT (unlike the BKK scrum) so fast track isn't so necessary. 

I have an APEC card and used that lane pre-Covid, but in the past months the normal lanes have been just as fast. In my 8 international departures in 2022, I've not seen a immigration line of more that a couple of people when departing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

I have an APEC card and used that lane pre-Covid, but in the past months the normal lanes have been just as fast. In my 8 international departures in 2022, I've not seen a immigration line of more that a couple of people when departing. 

Departure is normaly not the problem. Arrival is a different story especially in high season. I'm not unhappy that i can use the lane on my next trip this month.

Pre covid it was also possible to use the lane for a small fee when you catched a easy going immi officer. Guess it's still possible.

1 hour ago, DFPhuket said:

Ten minutes from land-side to air-side this morning at 08:30...SQ biz = Coral Lounge. (I wonder of could have used boarding pass in Thai's lounge, which was open, as Star Alliance supposed to honor each other's premium passengers ????)

On 11/1/2022 at 9:31 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Ten minutes from land-side to air-side this morning at 08:30...SQ biz = Coral Lounge. (I wonder of could have used boarding pass in Thai's lounge, which was open, as Star Alliance supposed to honor each other's premium passengers ????)

Yes, you can use the Thai lounge when flying SQ, They honor SA members.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, DFPhuket said:

Where can you buy APEC cards from? Do they sell these on Khaosan Rd or other places?

Edited by bbi1

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Where can you buy APEC cards from? Do they sell these on Khaosan Rd or other places?

Here is the official APEC website. I got mine working as an international consultant at the same time I applied for and received my US Global Entry card.

Buying and using a fake APEC card and handing it over to immigration when you're entering a country doesn't seem to be the wisest of ideas to me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Here is the official APEC website. I got mine working as an international consultant at the same time I applied for and received my US Global Entry card.

Buying and using a fake APEC card and handing it over to immigration when you're entering a country doesn't seem to be the wisest of ideas to me. 

When did you get your APEC card? The last time I checked (over 5 years ago) I recall the US was no longer participating in the APEC business travelers expedited entry card scheme due to security concerns on the screening of card applicants by other countries and it was therefore not issuing any more cards (nor honoring them for entry). 

10 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

When did you get your APEC card?

I got my original APEC card about a dozen years ago. The validity of the card is 5 years or until your passport expires. My card was due to expire in 2023 and so I just renewed it this month on the Trusted Traveler site. My new one (being mailed to me now) will be valid until 2028. 

I've made about 10 trips in and out of Thailand so far in 2022. As immigration queues get longer, the ability to use the diplomatic/APEC counter has been very beneficial. 

• Like 1