Will Thailand be a sanctury nation once the gay marriage bills are apprived?

Goodboybkk

Not to mention Chinese, Indian, Russian and Arabic couples? There is a huge market to cater for, be it for tourists or for couples who would like to settle and live their lives without having to constantly look over their shoulder.

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Not to mention Chinese, Indian, Russian and Arabic couples? There is a huge market to cater for, be it for tourists or for couples who would like to settle and live their lives without having to constantly look over their shoulder.

I seriously doubt that Thailand will ever allow same sex marriage between two foreigners.

In recent times Thailand is not even a sanctuary for refugees and asylum seekers who are at risk from political persecution, or even death. It seems unlikely that the Kingdom will provide refuge for foreign gay couples who are trying to escape from persecution in their neighbouring states.

In 2015, the government deported at least 109 Uyghurs to China.

In November 2021, Thai authorities deported four Cambodian dissidents, Mich Heang, Lahn Thavry, Veourn Veasna, and Voeung Samnang, who were registered refugees living in the country under the protection of the UNHCR.  All four were immediately arrested upon being returned to Cambodia.

Multiple practitioners of Falun Gong have been detained by the Thai government, including Chiang Yung-Shin, a Taiwanese man who helped to send uncensored radio broadcasts to China.

As the recent case of the Cambodian dissidents demonstrates, it is not unusual for individuals under officially recognized international protection to be expelled from the country at the request of a foreign government.

https://freedomhouse.org/report/transnational-repression/thailand

3 hours ago, Goodboybkk said:

I am talking about a gay marriage between a Thai and a foreigner ( who faces hostility towards  gay sexuality in his/her motherland )

That will probably be allowed if they do marriage equality instead of civil partnership but don't assume that will include immigration rights the same as opposite sex marriage. 

Wait and see.

The point that has to be remembered is that before you can get married even man woman you need permission from your country stating that you are free to marry.

This could and will be a stumbling block I am sure.

Also remember with all the hoops that a married couple on a married visa have to go through it is going to be hard to do marriage of convenience for a same sex couple.

14 hours ago, Goodboybkk said:

Will Thailand be a sanctury nation for especially for east asian and southeast asian gay people once the gay marriage bills are approved?

Seeing how Thailand already treats it's own gay/lesbian/ladyboy population NO

Legal or not prejudice will continue.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Goodboybkk said:

Will Thailand be a sanctury nation for especially for east asian and southeast asian gay people

I don't think anyone would care one way or another. I'm not gay, but the only LGPTQIA+ people who bother me are 'groomers' and that's a double whammy on pediphiles, who are the 'primary' groomers.  Or those who would try to shove my straightnes in my face.  If you're queer, you're queer, and most Thai's that I know just accept it.

2 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I don't think anyone would care one way or another. I'm not gay, but the only LGPTQIA+ people who bother me are 'groomers' and that's a double whammy on pediphiles, who are the 'primary' groomers.  Or those who would try to shove my straightnes in my face.  If you're queer, you're queer, and most Thai's that I know just accept it.

You have a problem with hair dressers?

• Haha 2