Do the various romanised pronunciation systems have names?

Puccini

The news article "Lady Kai" back in the news! 2016 sensation accuses media and keyboard warriors of defamation makes me wonder whether the various romanised pronunciation systems one sees used in news stories and on this forum have official or otherwise somewhat recognised names.

In "Phee Kai", used as a synonym for Lady Kai in the cited article, 

— "Phee" obviously means พี่, an honorific for an elder sibling or an elder friend, but from what pronunciation system is it?

— "Kai" apparently stands for ไก่ (chicken) and I recognise it being part of the Royal Thai General System of Transcription (RTGS), but for all I know it is also part of some other systems.

Not sure I understand your question, but yes Phi is elder and Kai is checken and the person's nickname.

My advice - keep away from transliteration and learn to read thai. I reckon learning to read thai to a very basic level didn't take me long (a week?) but I still make many mistakes and I'm probably at a 7-10 Yr old thai kids level.

Learning to read even basic thai is an eye opener and makes life so much easier and interesting.

On transcription systems, I get so <deleted> off with the terrible and wrong spellings of thai towns and cities in to English. The number of years I was pronouncing Kanchanaburi as  Khanchanaburi (wrong).

Daughter set me a challenge in the week.

"Dad, could you say 100 Thai words, or phrases?" "Phrases like what; 'dem tung'." "Yes!" "Of course I could dear. Want me to start?" "Yes, but no numbers."

Oh dear! That was my 'joker'. Got to 28 though.

"More important I teach you English." I said.

• 1 month later...