Still waiting for white reg. plate.

BenCrew

I purchased a new motorcycle from a Yamaha dealer about 5 months ago. I am still waiting for all documents and the white registration plate! I took out 2 years insurance and am yet to receive anything, the green ownership book nor the tax disc. I have called into the store several times to enquire, and they said that they would call me when it arrives. I was told that it would take 46 days for the reg plate to arrive, so it's been a long wait. Has anybody else bought a new motorcycle recently and had to wait longer than usual? I was thinking that maybe there was a backlog due to covid, though the longer this drags on, the more I think that there is more to it. This is a reputable, large Yamaha dealership in my province, so I would be surprised if they had messed up. Have I reason to be concerned, or is it one of those occasions that require a, 'mai pen rai'?

Edited by BenCrew

Need to go to the shop, and talk to whoever in charge.  Nothing takes that long.

My first Vios that I bought, the dealer sent paperwork in, apparently incorrectly, and nothing was done for months.  They didn't care, since I paid cash.  If I hadn't pressed the issue, it would have never been registered.

Good Luck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BenCrew said:

I paid cash too, so maybe that's the reason for their laid back attitude.

Laziness is the reason.

I waited less than 2 weeks for both my bikes bought new.

With the MU-X I told the dealer before I paid that I want the plates and books in 2 weeks max.

And I got them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I bought my Honda car they <deleted> up the paperwork and by the time they tried to finally do it, the certificate of residence was expired so had to do it again. They said oh we have to send it to the HQ and they send it somewhere else blabla. I told them immigration charges 300 baht for it and you'll pay it. I also told them if police stop and fine me for driving a red plated car too long or in other provinces or at night or whatever you'll pay it because it can't take months to file the documents. Guess what? I got fined, went to the dealer and handed them the receipt for the fine. Dealer paid it. Shortly after that the white plates arrived.

If it takes longer than 1-2 weeks then they are just messing around. There is no reason why it would take longer. Don't take <deleted> from them.

• Like 1

Normally the paperwork needed to complete registration is held at the Manufacturer's and only delivered to the dealer upon receipt of funds, you can see how this perverse incentive would cause them to 'delay' your registration

genuine reasons are that they wait to have a bunch of them together and save the hiring of legwork to go all in 1 day, but they already charge you for the service of 'registration convenience fee'

If you're paying cash, and do not want to wait, ask for 'registration kit' to go get registered yourself when handing over the rest of the balance, it only take half a day at the DLT and you go home with the number plate same day normally 

Or you could refuse to take delivery of the vehicle until it's registered, if they want to wait, it's sitting on their lot and you won't hand over the last checque until you go home

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 11:42 AM, seedy said:

Laziness is the reason.

I waited less than 2 weeks for both my bikes bought new.

With the MU-X I told the dealer before I paid that I want the plates and books in 2 weeks max.

And I got them.

Told the Honda motorcycle dealer that unless he could get the bike properly registered with white plates and green book before collecting it then I'm not interested in buying. He said no problem and it was ready to ride away in 3 days. This in Feb 2020.

Edited by soi3eddie